PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone dealt with mileoneparts?

Kibokojoe
07-19-2008, 08:16 AM
I ordered 10 parts from mileoneparts.com last week. I have written them 3 times now asking for information but no reply. Has anyone ever dealt with this company and how long does it take to get your parts? I have looked at the status of my order and only one of the 10 parts is in stock. This means theoretically they could charge me a minimum of $7.50 on each of the 9 parts. And since some of these parts are only 30 cents that would be are really bad deal. :(

Sixdown
07-19-2008, 09:32 AM
I've dealt with Mileoneparts numerous times. I've never had an issue until the last time I made a massive order for e28 parts.

It took a total of three months for me to get all my parts!
The first time they contacted me was to tell me that they lost half the order, the second I had to contact them because they forgot to send me some parts in the batch, and the third because they didn't order an interior column cover from Germany. 80% of my parts had to be ordered from Germany over three weeks.

They did not charge me extra for anything though, so don't worry about extra charges and such. In my case, Mileone parts uses a BMW dealership near me to obtain the parts and send them out, so it's partially that dealership's fault too.

I refuse to use them again.

On the other hand, a friend and I have been ordering from www.bmwautopartsdealer.com (http://www.bmwautopartsdealer.com) without a single issue. They're based out of New Jersey and send items very fast.

Ross
07-19-2008, 10:01 AM
This sounds like a floudering business operating hand to mouth without inventory.
I'd cancel and go elsewhere

Kibokojoe
07-19-2008, 01:56 PM
yeah I would love to cancel but how? I can not contact them

Ross
07-19-2008, 05:20 PM
If you paid by credit card check with them

Sixdown
07-19-2008, 06:27 PM
I contacted them by logging onto my Mileoneparts account on the website and using the message system on that. Got a reply within two days but they still didn't fix my order. I'm still waiting for the column cover for the e28 that I ALREADY SOLD. I've waited since March.

///Sniper535
07-19-2008, 11:58 PM
I use to work for mileone. Never had problems, well I was close with the Parts Dept at Tischer BMW.

Jehu
07-20-2008, 01:21 AM
I've ordered from www.Autopartswarehouse.com (http://www.Autopartswarehouse.com) , they have warehouses all over the country. One about an hour from me. I;ve ordered parts at 2 am and had UPS deliver them NEXT DAY and that was with their Free Shipping on orders over $50.. Ground ship. I just ordered a pair of Lemforder tie rods $113 shipped and I expect to have them Monday morning..I've bought a heater core, Lemforder Upper Control Arm bushings and Lower Aluminum control arms so far. All arrived the next day and they now send me discount coupon emails all the time. Prices seem competative but I did pay $322 for the Lemforder Lower Aluminium Control Arms shipped but i think I got hosed there..

Sixdown
07-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Dunno, I've also heard nightmare stories about Autopartswarehouse.com
I'm not going to try them and I'll stick to bmwautopartsdealer.com

Admittedly, Tischer BMW in Silver Spring is the dealership that screwed up my order twice.

BigKriss
07-20-2008, 11:04 AM
why not just use bma and be done with it!

nirvana19
07-20-2008, 11:24 AM
why not just use bma and be done with it!

When you're ordering lots of little parts with really long part numbers, the sites that search the BMW parts database are MUCH easier to use. Once I ordered 60 something little parts for a job.. I can't imagine trying to phone that to BMA. E-mail maybe.. but this is instant, the prices are excellent, and fast service (bmwautopartsdealer).

Jehu
07-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Dunno, I've also heard nightmare stories about Autopartswarehouse.com
I'm not going to try them and I'll stick to bmwautopartsdealer.com

Admittedly, Tischer BMW in Silver Spring is the dealership that screwed up my order twice.

What "nightmares storeis " have you heard about them? The only thing so far which turned me off what when using the LIve Help on-line chat to discuss price when a discount coupon wasn't being applied right at checkout and their representative tried to push me inot buying then and there claiming the discount which was supposed to be good for a week would only apply if I bought then and there. I told him I was sure I could get somome else to make it work for me when i decided. All the parts have arrived next day, as described at a decent price. Its convenient to order from them and they seem to have an extensive inventory on hand. I'd like to hear what concerns you.

Kibokojoe
07-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Price

Jehu
07-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Price

well I've yet to find what I bought there cheaper when you figure in shipping. Also the fact they have a warehouse very near me makes it favorable.

Ross
07-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Any resolution to this?

BigKriss
07-22-2008, 08:42 AM
fair enough. how much cheaper are they though on average, 5%, 10%. I only order from bma because they deliver to Australia hassle free.

Price

Kibokojoe
07-22-2008, 08:52 AM
No I have written them 5 times now and no reply

Ross
07-22-2008, 09:03 AM
No I have written them 5 times now and no reply

Tischer BMW is the one you need to talk to. The names of the parts guys are even on the website.
I'd be on the phone.

Jon K
07-22-2008, 11:03 AM
bmwautopartsdealer.com for the win, seriously.

Kibokojoe
07-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Just received an email from onemileparts after calling on the phone. Said they never received any email correspondance from me??? Wonder how they got my email address... suppose from my account. They are suppose to be sending everything but one item in tomorrows mail. In the future it will be bmwautopartsdealer.com

Sixdown
07-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Just received an email from onemileparts after calling on the phone. Said they never received any email correspondance from me??? Wonder how they got my email address... suppose from my account. They are suppose to be sending everything but one item in tomorrows mail. In the future it will be bmwautopartsdealer.com

as i said before, mileone is inefficient. bmwautopartsdealer will charge a 5 dollar handling fee with most orders but ive got every part on time with nothing missing or delayed.

Jehu
07-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Ordered from Autopartswarehouse.com Saturday Delivered this morning for $113.31 shipped. Not to endorese them I'm sure they can screw an order up as good as anyone else,just sharing my experience and knowledge that they have warehouses all over the Country,not sure what they'd do about Overseas orders..http://home.comcast.net/~cpkver8/images/tr.JPG

Ross
07-24-2008, 07:43 AM
A $5 handling fee? WTF do they think they are?
I'd love to charge all my clients a fee for the privilige of patronizing my business.
There are plenty of other sellers, dealers and non-dealers who are grateful for your business and wont insult your intelligence with chicken **** fees.