PDA

View Full Version : Installing a chip?

bimmerred535i
07-15-2008, 09:27 AM
When installing a chip into my car, will that throw off any of the idle settings. Will my car have to be retuned if say i install an "E.A.T. CHIP" myself?? I currently have an eisenmann exhaust now and have no problem with exhaust flow, it seems as if the power RPM's come in stages Thanks

e34.535i.sport
07-15-2008, 09:40 AM
When installing a chip into my car, will that throw off any of the idle settings. Will my car have to be retuned if say i install an "E.A.T. CHIP" myself?? I currently have an eisenmann exhaust now and have no problem with exhaust flow, it seems as if the power RPM's come in stages Thanks

I installed mine myself and had a similar thread... HTH

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37637&highlight=eat+chip

repenttokyo
07-15-2008, 11:00 AM
if you break in the chip with heavy throttle and hard driving, you will have a rough idle. happened to me. reset the computer and drive normally, and it should clear up your idle.

bimmerred535i
07-15-2008, 01:54 PM
It sounded pretty simple, I just did not want to find out the hard way thanks!

ichbinsobose
07-20-2008, 01:28 PM
from the 3-4 "professional" chips I have taken a look at, they do not even touch the idle maps most of the time... just a quick touching up of the timing, afr targets, and WOT fuel/ign. Your idle shouldn't be affected by the fuel trims either...