PDA

View Full Version : Part Throttle Misfire

Washburn
07-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Developed a partial throttle mis-fire last night. Idles smooth, cruises smooth, mis-fires and stutters on acceleration. Like it's on 5 sylinders. No CEL. Going to put new plugs in and inspect coil packs and wires tonight. Thought I would see who else has any other ideas. Thanks!!

BMWDriver
07-14-2008, 06:26 PM
O2 sensor maybe.

Bill R.
07-14-2008, 06:34 PM
tubes has leaked oil and is shorting out the coil , or you have a plug that the gap is too wide or a damaged coil to plug insulator.

Developed a partial throttle mis-fire last night. Idles smooth, cruises smooth, mis-fires and stutters on acceleration. Like it's on 5 sylinders. No CEL. Going to put new plugs in and inspect coil packs and wires tonight. Thought I would see who else has any other ideas. Thanks!!

Washburn
07-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Bingo! You're right on with the oil. I replaced plugs last night and a couple of the plugs were bathed in oil. Cleaned it all up and everything is sweet!

Now next question, is that a simple valve cover gasket type fix? I didn't see any obvious signs of a leak point....how does the oil get in there? I'd like to button it up tight. Thanks!!

Tiger
07-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Yes, it is valve cover job.