PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Question

DonC
05-28-2004, 09:36 AM
Is there anyone running Bavarian Autosport springs with Koni struts/shock on an early (1990) E34 535? Feedback on ride quality would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Robin-535im
05-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Is there anyone running Bavarian Autosport springs with Koni struts/shock on an early (1990) E34 535? Feedback on ride quality would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'll have to double check with the PO but... definitely a 1990, definitely Koni adjustables, and 80% sure they're bav auto springs. Also have 17" rims and Dinan sways.

The ride is great. Firm, but not harsh. Then again, I've also driven a 535 with RD springs and Bilstein shocks and 15" rims that was also a great ride.

So either I'm not very discriminating, or both setups are equally fine. I like the firmness of the Bilsteins, but then the Koni's are adjustable so it's just a flick of the wrist to get it there.

I would say any moderate combination of new springs and shocks will be a big improvement over 15-year-old stock, but equally as important to ride quality are tires (size and condition) and bushings (thrust arm, pitman arm, shock mount, etc.)

HTH