525i
07-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Had SRS codes read today by Indy - 1995 525i

Codes displayed

2 - Firing circuit Drivers airbag
5 - Firing circuit Passenger airbag
19 - Warning lamp faulty

SRS reset and codes 2 and 5 did not display after reset

Code 19 still showing after reset and SRS Light always on.

Any Ideas - Thanks for any help offered

Bill R.
07-11-2008, 06:03 PM
actually got 2 lights in it. One is the bulb which is a conventional bulb , the other is a led which is in parallel with the bulb, if the bulb fails the led will continue to light up but you'll get the bulb fault code. Pull the dash cluster and change the bulb.

Had SRS codes read today by Indy - 1995 525i

Codes displayed

2 - Firing circuit Drivers airbag
5 - Firing circuit Passenger airbag
19 - Warning lamp faulty

SRS reset and codes 2 and 5 did not display after reset

Code 19 still showing after reset and SRS Light always on.

Any Ideas - Thanks for any help offered

525i
07-12-2008, 12:55 PM
actually got 2 lights in it. One is the bulb which is a conventional bulb , the other is a led which is in parallel with the bulb, if the bulb fails the led will continue to light up but you'll get the bulb fault code. Pull the dash cluster and change the bulb.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I replaced the bulb and had the SRS Reset and Error 19 -Warning lamp faulty did not go off.

Any other thoughts - Thanks for your efforts

Jehu
07-13-2008, 01:59 AM

Maybe remind him to disconnect the negative battery cable before unplugging the Cluster wires..I forgot to do that the other night when I tried again to get a bulb in without fully removing the cluster and now the SRS light stays on for a few minutes after ignition but goes out. Will a reset stop that?

Kibokojoe
07-13-2008, 06:47 AM
Did you replace the bulb on the circuit board? Not just the one that screws into the panel.

525i
07-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Did you replace the bulb on the circuit board? Not just the one that screws into the panel.

I only replaced the bulb on the panel. I think the light on the circuit board is working, when the panel bulb was removed the SRS was still dimly lit.

Is it possible the 2nd lamp would be working and the fault code still registering.

Thanks for the advice - this is driving me crazy

525i
07-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Maybe remind him to disconnect the negative battery cable before unplugging the Cluster wires..I forgot to do that the other night when I tried again to get a bulb in without fully removing the cluster and now the SRS light stays on for a few minutes after ignition but goes out. Will a reset stop that?

When I pulled the instrument panel to replace the bulb I had the battery disconnected. When I replaced the bulb I was able to replace it without removing any of the connectors so I did not disconnect the battery.

Thanks for helping out - I will keep trying.

Kibokojoe
07-13-2008, 07:03 PM
I don't have a clue. Logically if the circuit board light is working then it has to be the panel light. How do you know that the panel light is working? Easy enough to check the bulb but the panel circuit is another matter.

Kibokojoe
07-13-2008, 07:05 PM
I think he is talking about resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes.