PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy BMW Parts?

th3_blur
07-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Bavarian Autosport (bavauto.com) seems to have a pretty expansive selection. Where do you get new things for your BMW?

525i winter driver
07-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Bavarian Autosport (bavauto.com) seems to have a pretty expansive selection. Where do you get new things for your BMW?
BMA Auto Parts www.bmaparts.com (http://www.bmaparts.com) and PelicanParts www.pelicanparts.com (http://www.pelicanparts.com) are my 2 faves. eluka888 on ebay is pretty good for a few things

glen-sj
07-11-2008, 01:03 PM
I've been buying it from BMA for about 10 years now.

LunatiC
07-11-2008, 06:24 PM
BMA here, and sometimes eBay (eluka888 and others)

bubba966
07-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Pelican parts for non dealer-only parts. www.mileoneparts.com for the dealer-only parts.

Zeuk in Oz
07-11-2008, 07:25 PM
BMA - the service is second to none.

Ross
07-11-2008, 07:29 PM
A surprising amount of stuff isn't priced too badly at the dealer if you can get a small discount. BMW club members or frequent customer/shade tree mechanic/enthusiasts are granted something on the order of 10 -20% off. Usually it's in stock and always gauranteed to be OE.
autohausaz, pelican, bma, europarts direct are other online sources.
e-bay is a crap shoot I'm unwilling to make.
The tax savings are sometimes substantial if ordering across state borders from the out of town online folks.
Make friends with your local dealar parts man, mine has been a big help more than once.

shogun
07-11-2008, 07:54 PM
I have one dealer in Germany and www.autohausaz.com

Sometimes the dealer is even cheaper or has same price like Autohaus or other online shops, on other parts like O2 sensors, distributors etc. Autohaus is way cheaper. I also consider exchange rates $<>EURO, so the way of purchasing changes depending on exchange rates.

attack eagle
07-11-2008, 08:27 PM
dealer for little things and orders that I don't mind waiting a week or so on in exchange for free shipping, unless cost + tax = cost + shipping from BMA.
any large orders are BMA. dealer let me down twice on multipiece orders.

Sixdown
07-12-2008, 01:11 AM
I usually use Mileone.com, BMA, Bavauto, or AutohausAZ.

Mr._Graybeard
07-12-2008, 02:34 AM
A surprising amount of stuff isn't priced too badly at the dealer if you can get a small discount. BMW club members or frequent customer/shade tree mechanic/enthusiasts are granted something on the order of 10 -20% off. Usually it's in stock and always gauranteed to be OE.

There's a Chicago-area dealer who stocks E34 parts? Man, I can't recall the last time I walked into International Autos in West Allis, Wis., with a part request they could fill immediately. I figured the three-day wait was part of the price one pays for driving a decade-old car.

To IA's credit, the counter guys are polite and competent, and are pretty patient with my $5 and $10 orders.

I also like Autohausaz because they'll fill an order that might consist of BMW, Mercedes and Toyota (cough wife's car cough) parts. I've bought from BMA too with positive results.

I also patronize a guy in Atlanta, Rusty Cullens, at buyeuroparts.com. He has the Worldpac catalog and is generally very competitive price-wise.

525i winter driver
07-12-2008, 07:04 AM
e-bay is a crap shoot I'm unwilling to make.

i agree but eluka888 is a worthy exception -only new oem stuff and he ships very fast.