PDA

View Full Version : 95-540/6. Swap a Dinan to EAT any thoughts?

spitfire
07-08-2008, 03:33 PM
The 540/6 has about 230.000 kms on her. Mechanic who works on it say's she's in good shap(he has worked on for many years). Alway's maintained and yes it's it's a nikisil, uses less that a litre of oil/5000kms. Just like some thoughts if a E.A.T chip would work better than what I already have which is a Dinan chip which was installed before I purchased this car. Cheers

bubba966
07-08-2008, 08:58 PM
If you're not in a really big hurry I can give you an answer for this in the next week or two. I've currently got a Dinan chip in my M-Sport, and am in the middle of having an E.A.T. chip programmed for my car.

MBXB
07-08-2008, 10:25 PM
I've tried Dinan and Confori. EAT beats them both for everyday driving.

bubba966
07-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Ok, just got the temporary EAT chip in the car so I can send off my factory & Dinan chips tp get the proper EWS II codes read off of them so that I can have an EAT chip made for my car.

Not sure if the tune on this temporary chip is the same as what I'll end up with or if that one will be better than the temp chip. But I'll say this, the EAT chip is noticeably better than the Dinan chip. Car pulls a lot harder. Runs smoother too. Idles so well you can hardly tell the engine is even running. Upshifts at 3/4+ throttle are even better than before. I'm getting thrown back into the seat on a full throttle upshift. :)