PDA

View Full Version : MPG shown on Euro OBC... US or UK?

525iZA
07-07-2008, 03:12 PM
As above... our national standard is Liters/100km but my car's OBC can also show consumption in MPG.

Will that MPG be US or UK? I'm thinking it might be UK.

Anyhow, I've been getting 16.6MPG lately... that's stop start city traffic only with my daily commute during the freezing mornings. Car doesn't warm up by the time I get to work.

I'm ashamed to say it, but I've been considering getting rid of my fuel guzzling Bimmer and getting something with a bit less of a thirst. But a drive in the Bimmer cures that in no time.

shogun
07-07-2008, 05:28 PM
you can switch from MPG to liters/km
See on the left side of the OBC and owners manual.
http://bmwe32.masscom.net/johan/OBC_bulbs/PPPP.jpg

Dave M
07-07-2008, 09:50 PM
The OP is wondering whether the MPG is 'Imperial' or 'US'. (1 US gallon = ~0.83 Imp. gallon).

Will the measurement type change according to language chosen???? Its beena while since I've fiddled with mine ;), but it rings a bell.

The instructions to change the language/country are out there somewhere..............

Dave

525iZA
07-08-2008, 01:11 AM
I threw the numbers into a converter and it would seem that my car switches between L/100km and US MPG. Go figure! ;)

attack eagle
07-08-2008, 01:35 AM
yeppers.

it's US MPG not imperial.

Paul in NZ
07-08-2008, 03:53 AM
i would have guessed that suth africa would be imp gallons not US..but now that you mention it......i must check mine.

whiskychaser
07-08-2008, 09:33 AM
The OP is wondering whether the MPG is 'Imperial' or 'US'. (1 US gallon = ~0.83 Imp. gallon).

Will the measurement type change according to language chosen???? Its beena while since I've fiddled with mine ;), but it rings a bell.

The instructions to change the language/country are out there somewhere..............

Dave

Push OBC buttons 1000 and 10 together. You will see the word Test. By pressing a combination of the 10 and 1's you can enter Test Codes from 1 to 21. After entering the number press R/S and you will get a continuous display of the test function. To cancel, just press any of the OBC function keys. To change country/language you need code 10. Mine was made for ZA but defaults to CAN if you disconnect the battery. Maybe its alphabetical default :)

2fast
07-09-2008, 12:46 AM
{{Anyhow, I've been getting 16.6MPG lately... that's stop start city traffic only with my daily commute during the freezing mornings. Car doesn't warm up by the time I get to work.}}

How far is your work?

My car warms up in 5min,sits at the halfway mark.
Maybe your thermostat is stuck open?