PDA

View Full Version : Door does NOT open up most of the times

elbasha
07-07-2008, 10:55 AM
I have this weird problem with the passenger seat, the door does not open up from the inside most of the times, why? I don't have any clue. It just opens up when "it feels like it" and the rest of the times I have to get out of the car and open the door for whoever is with me.

Ross
07-07-2008, 11:01 AM
This is the rare "chivalry" option.
Actually judging from your other posts regarding central locking problems I would suspect a sticking lock actuator.

525i winter driver
07-07-2008, 01:32 PM
This is the rare "chivalry" option.
Actually judging from your other posts regarding central locking problems I would suspect a sticking lock actuator.

hah- i have (had actually) that option too... if you park beside a puddle part of the door panel conveniently falls into it so as to keep the lady's feet dry.

elbasha are you saying you don't have that door panel off yet? time to get greasy my friend... the trick to not breaking the clips is to pull the panel near where the clips are not in between them. a flathead screwdriver with a piece of tape on it (to protect your paint) comes in very handy.

elbasha
07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Hold on now! If I take it out I have to be ready to fix a couple of things I have with it. Well, I have all the problems possible with that door, the window does not open up most of the times, if it opens up it won't close most of the times. I don't really care since I use the AC, but if I open up the panel I wanna do it all at once

525i winter driver
07-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Hold on now! If I take it out I have to be ready to fix a couple of things I have with it. Well, I have all the problems possible with that door, the window does not open up most of the times, if it opens up it won't close most of the times. I don't really care since I use the AC, but if I open up the panel I wanna do it all at once
i think that is the smart way to go - sorry to rush you. :) the doors can still work with the panels off so you know.

elbasha
07-07-2008, 02:01 PM
True that, I have this whole month open to my car, I should maybe open up the panel and then start working on it slowly? Oh yea, how do you take the panel out? lol

nirvana19
07-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Easy, there are two screws in the front doors if I recall. One is behind the interior door pull and the other is behind that cover in the top of the handle. That one should be a torx (T20 maybe?). Then you just pull the panel off (held by a bunch of clips that might break but can be easily replaced), working your way from bottom to top. The top of the panel sort of hooks onto the door, so you lift up once all the clips are released. Then just disconnect the cable for the door pull and you're set. I think this is also on bmwe34.net.