PDA

View Full Version : 525i wagon's sun roof opens backwards?

elbasha
07-06-2008, 11:00 AM
I just saw that in a picture of a 525i wagon, the sun roof can be opened from the back? Now I figured out why the sun roof would start making the tik tik tik tik noise when I am trying to push it forward (pushing it forwards I am guessing means opening it from the back) Is this a common problem with these wagons or I am the lucky one?

whiskychaser
07-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I just saw that in a picture of a 525i wagon, the sun roof can be opened from the back? Now I figured out why the sun roof would start making the tik tik tik tik noise when I am trying to push it forward (pushing it forwards I am guessing means opening it from the back) Is this a common problem with these wagons or I am the lucky one?
Its been raining a lot, but from memory you can either have the back of the sunroof up or you can have it flat and opening (backwards) a bit at a time. If you have both happening at the same time something is very wrong

elbasha
07-06-2008, 02:47 PM
It doesnt open from the back at all

bad_manners_god
07-06-2008, 03:04 PM
It doesnt open from the back at all

Mine does that tick tick tick noise too, but after playing with the switch a couple times in different combinations I get it to open.

Sometimes it only opens from the back before I can open the front.

I think it's just the sunroof motor's that have to be replaced.

ScottyWM
07-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Mine will have the front tilt (vent), front completely open, rear completely open, front & rear half open, or anyplace in between. Probably too late, but keeping them lubed good seems to keep them working.

attack eagle
07-06-2008, 06:54 PM
when you push it forwards the first thing it should do is the front should go to vent. and then the rear liner should lift up as the rear starts moving.

have you tried using an allen to turn the rear sunroof motor? tik tik tik sounds like the sunroof pulling a lot of tension in the cables. maybe it is stiff or stuck.

could always put the front in vent and shoot some penetrating oil down the channels to the rear.

tried re-senquencing the sunroof also?

elbasha
07-06-2008, 07:21 PM
How do you re sequence the sunroof?

I just tested it again, when you move the switch forward, the back side will go up, the front side will go down, then it will go back like 2 inch and then get stuck and make the tik tik tik noise and wouldn't move from there. From the outside the front is tilted a little up wards from the back and the back is straight down.

You click it upwards it will just close everything.

Backwards opens the front.

Paul in NZ
07-06-2008, 08:43 PM
you need to get and or read a owners manual.The at least you know what should happen,and there is a lot of useful information in them.

attack eagle
07-07-2008, 06:26 AM
I'm not following. you mean the REAR panel will tilt slightly and move an inch or two?
and it moves FORWARD a couple of einches?

Then since the front one moves properly, take the inner panels out so you can see it, and to make sure the inner panels are not jamming it up.

to resequence.

Form the closed position... press and hold the sunroof button UP (close) for 10 -15 seconds