PDA

View Full Version : My Newest Addition to the Family

Mitch90535im
07-01-2008, 09:16 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/mb90535im/100_0667.jpg

This is a 2005 1200 GS with ABS, heated grips, slightly over 17K on the clock and I'm still finding aftermarket "farkles" on it everytime I look at it. Been looking for a late model GS seriously for a couple of months (self reward for dropping 50 lbs. and getting this Type II diabetes crap under control). I was wanting to find one in the southeast that I could either fly/ride home, or make a weekend trip with the wifey and follow her home, preferably somewhere where I could come home without interstate hwy travel since it's been 10+ years since I've ridden seriously. I really didn't want to buy and ship an unseen bike across the country either. Thought I had found one in Spartanburg that got away, another in VA, right where the Blue Ridge Pkwy terminates which would have been a perfect fly up/drive home adventure, but price wasn't right, then this bike was posted. $2,500 less than the VA bke with less miles. Called the guy and had him hang a sold sign on it within 30 minutes.

This guy in Charlotte had 5 bikes and was basically selling this one to make room in his man-cave/bike garage for a new one. We spent last Thursday night with the sister-in-law in Atlanta to get an early start up 85 to Charlotte Friday, arriving around 11:00 A.M. My eyes about popped out of my head when I stepped into his garage. This '05 looks brand new. Also in the room were a Harley, BMW RT, an Orange County Chopper done in his high school colors and even the mascot cut into the wheel spokes, and I honestly can't even remember what the 5th bike was, maybe a Ducati? We're talking real serious money here. This guy must have just paged through the Sears and Roebuck motorcycle farkle wish book and bought one of everything (and two of others).

Here's some of the extras, most of which I didn't even know about in advance or expect to receive. As a matter of fact he emailed me this morning saying he had found some more stuff he had forgotten about that he's going to ship me. Whoo! - more Christmas!

What I've found so far:

- 3 Seats! - Original adjustable stock seat, a lowered Sargent and Lowered Mayer. The Sargent and Mayer are on their way to CA as I type this, traded even for a front and rear heated Corbin standard-height seat.

- BMW side cases.

- Bagster tank cover in the red/silver matching colors with 2 Bagster brand tank bags, a large one and a small one

- Aftermarket windshield and lip

- Chrome muffler

- Foot pegs, shifter, expanded brake pedal

- Crash bars (2 sets)

- MFW mirrors and stock mirrors

- Carbon fiber rear fender and front fender extersion

- Brand spanking new tires front and rear

- Spoke wheels more durable for off-road, not that I'll do much if any of that

- Handlebar raisers (two sets), one still in the unopened bag

- Throttlemister "cruise" control

- Extra power outlets

- Headlight and oil cooler protectors

- Beak protector

- Skid plates

- Wilber shocks

- Helmet locks

On, and on, and on... Like I said, everytime I look at it I see something new that I hadn't noticed before. There must easily be $2-3K of goodies on the bike. Needless to say, I am tickled to death. I can't think of a single thing I'd add except maybe a GPS.

Got it all for 100 Ben Franklin's.

Think I got a decent deal?

BadAss95-530i
07-01-2008, 10:15 AM
that is sick man. Ive been shopping around for a bike myself. And big time congrats on the weight. I remember your post from before and very glad to hear you reached your goal (and got your BIKE!)!

GJPinAU
07-01-2008, 06:36 PM
The extra lighting is interesting.

You'd have to spend at least $8,000 here to get a stocker.

Paul in NZ
07-02-2008, 02:58 AM
The extra lighting is interesting.

You'd have to spend at least $8,000 here to get a stocker.

8000? for a 1200 Gs? thats cheap!