PDA

View Full Version : Mess in m60 engine coolant circuit

bimmo_2007
06-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Ok, the radiator is clean the pisser line is also clean & I enlarged the pisser hole in the expansion tank yet the coolant is not flowing through pisser line to the expansion tank. The engine overheats when A/C is on & heavy traffic.

any ideas??

632 Regal
06-30-2008, 05:29 PM
sometimes the little plastic impeller on the waterpump will self destruct. The M-60 is self bleeding so that should not be an issue. I never even looked to see if mine flows through the pisser tube but I assume it should?

jofusfarr
06-30-2008, 05:32 PM
That pisser tube will BARELY trickle coolant, and it's hard to see.

I assume you've checked thermostat/water pump function?

Radiator get hot? Feel for heat in the upper and lower regions of it.

bimmo_2007
06-30-2008, 05:41 PM
sometimes the little plastic impeller on the waterpump will self destruct. The M-60 is self bleeding so that should not be an issue. I never even looked to see if mine flows through the pisser tube but I assume it should?

I replaced the plastic impeller but nothing changed, the waterpump is not leaking coolant so I assume it is working.

bimmo_2007
06-30-2008, 05:44 PM
That pisser tube will BARELY trickle coolant, and it's hard to see.

I assume you've checked thermostat/water pump function?

Radiator get hot? Feel for heat in the upper and lower regions of it.

yeah the pisser line will barely trickle coolant, thermostat is new.

Ross
06-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Is the auxilary fan fan operating?

bimmo_2007
06-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Is the auxilary fan fan operating?

The Aux. fan is working properly.

Jr ///M5
06-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Do you hear the fan clutch when it's engaged? Like when you take off from a stop light after idling for a while? Can you hear the fan making that airplane prop noise? If not, I suspect the fan clutch has give up the ghost and the aux fan will not keep up by itself.

JR

winfred
06-30-2008, 10:15 PM
at a rev the pisser should almost shoot coolant outta the bottle, the tube is kinda weird and not straight through at the bottle and i rooter it out with a drill, does the radiator get hot all the way across? if it doesn't get hot either water is not flowing through it from the engine or the radiator has collapsed/clogged, if the fan clutch doesn't see hot air it won't kick in and if the switch on the right side of the radiator doesn't get hot the aux fan won't kick either but it wouldn't really matter of theres no hot water in the radiator to cool

bimmo_2007
07-01-2008, 03:18 AM
Do you hear the fan clutch when it's engaged? Like when you take off from a stop light after idling for a while? Can you hear the fan making that airplane prop noise? If not, I suspect the fan clutch has give up the ghost and the aux fan will not keep up by itself.

JR

The fan clutch works very good, I can hear it's noise clearely.

bimmo_2007
07-01-2008, 03:27 AM
at a rev the pisser should almost shoot coolant outta the bottle, the tube is kinda weird and not straight through at the bottle and i rooter it out with a drill, does the radiator get hot all the way across? if it doesn't get hot either water is not flowing through it from the engine or the radiator has collapsed/clogged, if the fan clutch doesn't see hot air it won't kick in and if the switch on the right side of the radiator doesn't get hot the aux fan won't kick either but it wouldn't really matter of theres no hot water in the radiator to cool

Thanx alot winfred, the radiator gets hot all the way besides the fan clutch makes a noise indicating that the clutch is working. but the pisser barely trickle drops of coolant although I drilled the hole in the expansion tank.