PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Climate Control

BMW_Noob
06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I have a 1995 525 which i purchased in April and ever since i bought it i have noticed that the dual climate does not work. My question is, since mine was the base model (without cold weather package and leather, etc.), was the dual climate an option? I have a knob but it seems to be fake. Another question....No matter how much hot air blows out of the front vents, the rear seat vent in the center console only blows out cold air. Is this normal or is there something wrong?

Paul in NZ
06-30-2008, 04:35 PM
I have a 1995 525 which i purchased in April and ever since i bought it i have noticed that the dual climate does not work. My question is, since mine was the base model (without cold weather package and leather, etc.), was the dual climate an option? I have a knob but it seems to be fake. Another question....No matter how much hot air blows out of the front vents, the rear seat vent in the center console only blows out cold air. Is this normal or is there something wrong?
rear centre vent will only ever be fresh outside air
Not sure what you mean about fake knob

attack eagle
06-30-2008, 08:04 PM
sounds liek the control panel is fubar???

BMW_Noob
06-30-2008, 08:27 PM
rear centre vent will only ever be fresh outside air
Not sure what you mean about fake knob

I guess im just used to the new cars where you can change the temperature of the rear seats. What i mean by fake is that the left one kind of clicks or locks into place at the hot/cold ends but the right knob just moves from side to side without that. Also, when i try to make the right side one temp and my side another, they always feel the same (either hot or cold).

attack eagle
06-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Left side has "override" which is the detents on either end. If your left side is in the full cold detent position, then no, you won;t get hot air on the other.

Lordsneldon
06-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Your knob might not be a fake afterall!!!!! (no pun intended!!:D:D) On my e34 the right handside knob clicks into place at it's furthest clockwise travel so when i turn it all the way to 'hot' it clicks into place, but the left handside one just turns round.....i have aften wondered about this actually!!! Both these knobs are electrical, i.e they dont have cables attached to the heater matrix as you would expect.
Hope this helps in some way.

Paul in NZ
07-01-2008, 04:02 AM
the whole idea of seperate temperatures side to side is kinda lame when you are sitting in the same 1.8 m of space.However I can get different output temps from one side to another.As already mentioned dont operate the drivers side at absolute max hot or cold,this overides the whole system to hot or cold