PDA

View Full Version : OT-WMD or OMD?

pundit
06-30-2008, 05:13 AM
So I guess with oil prices as they are, now the West can invade any country that has oil and say to it's own people...

"Yeah we're going in for the ****in' oil!
We don't have to ******** you anymore about non-existant WMD's or some despot leader... they got oil and we're gettin' it!!"

And the people will cheer!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/06/30/2290225.htm

Iraq was never about WMD... it was always OMD!!

Ross
06-30-2008, 06:14 AM
Ya know this isn't the place for it pundit. This is supposed to be a car forum, your chicken little threads become tiresome.

pundit
06-30-2008, 06:44 AM
Ya know this isn't the place for it pundit. This is supposed to be a car forum, your chicken little threads become tiresome.
Well then chicken ****er, lets talk about guns instead!!...

http://www.bimmernut.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38816

More related to cars than oil... don't you think?

;););)

Ross
06-30-2008, 06:49 AM
The gun thread doen't belong either. Chicken ****er? Grow up

ryan roopnarine
06-30-2008, 11:18 AM
I didn't create that thread with the intentions of it being an ongoing discussion. It was meant more in the vein of "fred rogers died--if you didn't hear about it before, you have now". the result was a general surprise to people on both sides of the issue. the "old" board had a button that the original poster could use to nuke the thread so long as it was only them posting to it, i don't think that this one has it.

Paul in NZ
06-30-2008, 04:37 PM
do we still have the OT forum?.Thats prolly where both of these threads belong

632 Regal
06-30-2008, 05:34 PM
if it pops to the top then there is interest, if not it will fade away. I will move threads that I dont like weather on topic or off topic because I just can :D

do we still have the OT forum?.Thats prolly where both of these threads belong

Zeuk in Oz
07-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Lucky for Zimbabwe that they don't have oil ......

Omega
07-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Lucky for Zimbabwe that they don't have oil ......

With the successful war on drugs in Afghanistan now complete and the very low gas prices we are all experiencing now that the Middle East is safe and stabilised what's stopping us?

Onwards and upwards I say. Let's take over the world.........

</sarcasm>

BigKriss
07-01-2008, 06:34 AM
of course a thread like this isn't going to be too popular on a mostly visited board of residents from the usa.

dacoyote
07-01-2008, 07:32 AM
....I will move threads that I dont like weather on topic or off topic because I just can :D

.... yeah I have heard that about you :-)

pundit
07-01-2008, 07:32 AM
of course a thread like this isn't going to be too popular on a mostly visited board of residents from the usa.
To quote Basil Fawlty.... "Don't mention the war!" ;)

dacoyote
07-01-2008, 07:35 AM

In what way? I live in the US and know that no matter who wins this year.... or would have won 4 or 8 or 12 years ago it's all the same... everyone is owned by special intrest groups... not a single one of them cares about the common man... that being said... US is #1 !!!!!!!1111eleventyeleventy and it will always be my home country:-)

dacoyote
07-01-2008, 07:37 AM
To quote Basil Fawlty.... "Don't mention the war!" ;)

What war? you mean the police action that we are doing with the worlds shittest cops.. (the military).

edit: Just in case it wasn't clear... I don't think we should be over there... be it in Iraq... Afghanistan... or hanging out in South Korea...

yaofeng
07-01-2008, 07:44 AM
What police action? It's all about the stuff you pump into your car.

dacoyote
07-01-2008, 07:53 AM
What police action? It's all about the stuff you pump into your car.

It all about what you pump in the car... doesn't change the fact it isn't a war...

in the US.. in Article One, Section Eight of the Constitution "Congress shall have power to ... declare War;"... the last war that was declared was World War 2...

Just like Vietnam... at best it's a police action... regardless of it's saving us from the Reds... or making Gas cheap.. they both are working about as well.

Zeuk in Oz
07-01-2008, 06:07 PM
What police action?

Police action; war; invasion of a sovereign country; ............

What's in a name ?

As long as we can travel abroad and kill and maim foreigners who deserve it because they were not born in our country............

The greatest disposable commodity on this planet is obviously human life. :(

And our major sin appears to be that we consume oil.........

pundit
07-01-2008, 09:43 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/07/02/2291687.htm

Incantation
07-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Iraq was never about WMD... it was always OMD!!

isn't this common knowledge?

saddam trading oil in euros was the reason they went in. they needed to keep it in US currency since there is no value behind the US dollar