PDA

View Full Version : auto to 5 speed

Unregistered
05-27-2004, 02:24 PM
if anyone would have any detailed info, it would be appreciated.
.i have a 89 535i, i want to convert the auto to manual.. help .'

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/5/web/437000-437999/437416_26_full.jpg

here is a pic of my car.

AllanS
05-27-2004, 02:47 PM
I would contact Vines Auto http://www.vinesauto.com/ and tell him what you're planning on doing. If he has a 535iM that he's parting out at the moment, he can piece together what you'll need. I had him do this for me when I was thinking about converting my 525i to stick, and it came to a little over 1k$ for everthing- pedals, clutch, clutch hydraulics, transmission, driveshaft, etc.

Unregistered
05-27-2004, 02:55 PM
I would contact Vines Auto http://www.vinesauto.com/ and tell him what you're planning on doing. If he has a 535iM that he's parting out at the moment, he can piece together what you'll need. I had him do this for me when I was thinking about converting my 525i to stick, and it came to a little over 1k$ for everthing- pedals, clutch, clutch hydraulics, transmission, driveshaft, etc.

thanks for you help.. just contacted him, great guy very fair.

Niko G
05-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Hello

I just did i conversion about 2 weeks ago, this is what took me the longest. First, you need to disconect the connector for the trans module, pins 33 to 5 need to be jumped, that gets rid of the trans program. You will still have an S on your dash but you can deal with that later. Second is the pedal box. I got a complete pedal box with my kit, so i started to install it and i saw that if i was to use the entire box i would have to drop the steering column and so on, so i looked closer and all you have to to do is remove your brake pedal from the existing box along with the pivot shaft and insert the brake and clutch pedals with their pivot shafts, you will also need to install the spring for the clutch pedal no biggie their, real easy. All the holes for your lines into and out of the car are already their. Honest the hardest thing for me was getting that damn hard line from the master cylinder on the pedal to the slave on the tranny, getting that hard line started was a mother for me. Other than that its just straight forward r&r. I went a step further and recoded my DME vith variant code c83e, that tells it its a manual and not a auto anymore. Hope this helps some

Unregistered
05-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Hello

I just did i conversion about 2 weeks ago, this is what took me the longest. First, you need to disconect the connector for the trans module, pins 33 to 5 need to be jumped, that gets rid of the trans program. You will still have an S on your dash but you can deal with that later. Second is the pedal box. I got a complete pedal box with my kit, so i started to install it and i saw that if i was to use the entire box i would have to drop the steering column and so on, so i looked closer and all you have to to do is remove your brake pedal from the existing box along with the pivot shaft and insert the brake and clutch pedals with their pivot shafts, you will also need to install the spring for the clutch pedal no biggie their, real easy. All the holes for your lines into and out of the car are already their. Honest the hardest thing for me was getting that damn hard line from the master cylinder on the pedal to the slave on the tranny, getting that hard line started was a mother for me. Other than that its just straight forward r&r. I went a step further and recoded my DME vith variant code c83e, that tells it its a manual and not a auto anymore. Hope this helps some

niko, was this on a 5 series... there was a person on roadfly that did this on his 735.
.. thanks for the info. would you have more info on the pedal assymbly. thats the only thing thats quesitoning me. ..

Robin-535im
05-27-2004, 05:47 PM
niko, was this on a 5 series... there was a person on roadfly that did this on his 735.
.. thanks for the info. would you have more info on the pedal assymbly. thats the only thing thats quesitoning me. ..

http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_41.htm

Niko G
05-27-2004, 10:13 PM
yeah that was on an 89 535, if yo uhave any other question feel free to email me