PDA

View Full Version : AAARRRGGGGG....My bimmer is getting on my nerves!

BMW4LIFE
06-25-2008, 02:46 AM
So all the little things are starting to go wrong with the car

here is my problem;

The OBC next to the CD player went out...I can see the display only when the sun is hitting it. The computer in the dash is still working properly. Is there a bulb that I can replace or do I have to get a new OBC unit?

Next problem...The light behind the water temp in the dash keeps going out but when I hit the top of the dash it comes back. I have a feeling that this is a short....can this be easily fixed? how so?

Thats all for now...hope all you guys and gals are enjoying your summer! :)

attack eagle
06-25-2008, 03:07 AM
1: there are TWO bulbs in the screen and one behind the keys.

Part number in the bmw database is wrong... the correct bulb is 12v not 6v. Correct number is listed under the CLOCK not the obc.

Remove radio, pull lever (hook tool works great) to disengage OBC, remove and use needlenose pliers to remove bulbs.

Lights in dash cluster: unlikely to be short since it is a circuit board. More likely a bulb with a broken filament or just a loose fitting. Need to take the cluster out to change it.

BMW4LIFE
06-26-2008, 01:07 AM
1: there are TWO bulbs in the screen and one behind the keys.

Part number in the bmw database is wrong... the correct bulb is 12v not 6v. Correct number is listed under the CLOCK not the obc.

Remove radio, pull lever (hook tool works great) to disengage OBC, remove and use needlenose pliers to remove bulbs.

Lights in dash cluster: unlikely to be short since it is a circuit board. More likely a bulb with a broken filament or just a loose fitting. Need to take the cluster out to change it.

wow...that makes my life a lot easier....

as far as the cluster goes...i heard that if you dont replace the cluster back properly there will be a reflection of your hands and the wheel on the cluster screen...is that true?

I have to replace my steering wheel so I was thinking I might have the shop do it....