PDA

View Full Version : brake lining warning circuit wiring

Kibokojoe
06-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Anyone have a diagram of the "brake lining" warning circuit. I have checked the wiring as far as I can until it disappears into the wiring loom. Good gravy you could launch the space shuttle with all of this wiring.

nirvana19
06-23-2008, 08:03 PM
there was a post from way way back where someone identified a common cause of shorting somewhere in the engine bay that leads to the brake lining warning. Corrosion of some wires.. there was a picture of the location and description. I can't find it but maybe it rings a bell for someone else who may have seen the post long ago?

Kibokojoe
06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
It is definately becoming frustrating. I will look.

Seems like anything that is plastic under the hood is breaking. Heat and plastics don't mix

Kibokojoe
06-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Spent the evening looking for the post with no success. I have noticed that if I turn on the car (without starting) with the brake pedal depressed the "brake warning" light does not display until I release the brake pedal. I have seen a number of ways to reset the ccm brake warning ( I am assuming this is generated by the ccm) but no success on any of these. I have pulled the sensors (front and rear) off and wired the connections together as close to the looms as I can get and yet still I get a warning. I have checked the sensors and pigtails with a voltage meter and there is continuity. There has to be a short somewhere.