PDA

View Full Version : OT: New server

whiskychaser
06-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Worked great for a couple of days. Couldnt get on today. Cant use search button or tools. But messages are still in time order so congrats to Ed!!!

Tiger
06-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Alot of people are missing too...

dacoyote
06-23-2008, 02:19 PM
I think the messages are still messed up some of the times.... I know there was an example someone found...

/edit... never mind... the post was started before we moved to the new server...

Bimmer Nut Ed
06-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Well, it should be good at teh moment. Yesterday, I installed vBSEO and it got all screwed up. I removed the package and the forum was fine. Except Apache crapped out this morn. The ISP says maybe it was my package (no jokes). Anyway, I won't screw with it for a while to make sure it's all square.

BMWCCA1
06-25-2008, 01:34 AM
If I go to my old bookmark for the old site it still says the site is down and to check back on June 18th:

Check back tomorrow (on 6/18/2008), we will be on the new server and the new ISP, NO MORE OUTAGES....Bimmer Nut Ed
Maybe some folks won't figure out to click on the bimmer.info button to access the new bimmernut.com site? It took me nearly a week to figure it out!

I also just found out that if I submit a reply, the window goes blank and I have to go back to the thread to see my post. It used to update automatically and I'd see my post in the thread. At least this time it threaded the new message properly with respect to time of post.

Bimmer Nut Ed
06-25-2008, 09:24 AM
What's the URL of that old bookmark.

If you go to to www.bimmer.info, it has a redirect.

What I'll do is, rename the forum folders so that they get a page not found, then hopefully they go to the home page.

Bimmer Nut Ed
06-25-2008, 10:09 AM
I made the forumdisplay.php url a redirect to this location now. That's probably where people have bookmarks to. Hopefully that'll bring them home.