PDA

View Full Version : brake lining circuit

Kibokojoe
06-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Brake lining light has come on. I replaced the back pads and a new sensor but warning continues to come on. I checked the sensor with a meter and seems to work fine. I am assuming that this is a simple closed circuit? When the brakes wear the rotor cuts through the sensor (open circuit) and the brake lining warning appears. Is the rear circuit separate from the front circuit? Or are they run in series? Can I jump the sensor connectors with no ill effects (for testing purposes)?

Bimmer Nut Ed
06-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I believe you are correct. I have simply connected the wires before to turn the light off while I ordered a new sensor and everything was fine.

And I don't believe they are in series, they are separate. Perhaps coincidentally you now need new front pads as well.

filip00
06-23-2008, 02:36 AM
if the warning message says brake lining CIRCUIT, not just brake linings, it is very possible that your brake sensor has gone wrong, the one located on the brake pedal. mine went off a year ago.

simply when you press the brakes, it will not light the rear brake lights. check that out.

nirvana19
06-23-2008, 02:19 PM
if the warning message says brake lining CIRCUIT, not just brake linings, it is very possible that your brake sensor has gone wrong, the one located on the brake pedal. mine went off a year ago.

simply when you press the brakes, it will not light the rear brake lights. check that out.

that would say brake LIGHT circuit I believe, different warning.