PDA

View Full Version : e34s galore in edmonton!

525i winter driver
06-21-2008, 04:39 PM
i'm visiting the folks back in alberta - i would have tried to set something up rj but it's a whirlwind visit and i have no spare time - next time dude! i happened to pass by a lot full of e34s for sale... 4 of them! he's asking a bit much... $8-$12k but they're all pretty clean and around 100k kms all imported from japan he says... there are a few mercedes there too... corner of 99th and whyte ave right beside the cibc there - got a phone #... mr. leung 604-9068.

so it's just fyi maybe there's someone else from edmonton on the forum too.

RockJock
06-21-2008, 04:54 PM
i'm visiting the folks back in alberta - i would have tried to set something up rj but it's a whirlwind visit and i have no spare time - next time dude! i happened to pass by a lot full of e34s for sale... 4 of them! he's asking a bit much... $8-$12k but they're all pretty clean and around 100k kms all imported from japan he says... there are a few mercedes there too... corner of 99th and whyte ave right beside the cibc there - got a phone #... mr. leung 604-9068.

so it's just fyi maybe there's someone else from edmonton on the forum too.

haha! weird coincidence, I just drove by there not more than 30 minutes ago when one of the cars caught my eye...then I looked over and saw the others one with an AC Schnitzer Badge on the boot...black...

Yeah, next time we'll have to hook-up for a few wobbly pops on White Ave :D, perhaps Maurey can join us .....

525i winter driver
06-22-2008, 08:24 PM
haha! weird coincidence, I just drove by there not more than 30 minutes ago when one of the cars caught my eye...then I looked over and saw the others one with an AC Schnitzer Badge on the boot...black...

Yeah, next time we'll have to hook-up for a few wobbly pops on White Ave :D, perhaps Maurey can join us .....

i was surprised to see them all there i go back for a visit and all of a sudden there's an e34 store 5 blocks from where i grew up.

that looked like a full ac schnits setup but i wouldn't know. one of them had this weird full boot taillight assembly which was on all wrong but it said hella on it never seen it in all my surfing! the nicest one imo was a stock 92 535i but i like mine better than all of them.:D

anyway - yah would be cool if we could pull moe away from his kids for a couple next time i didn't even call him this trip it was stupidly short.

RockJock
06-24-2008, 09:55 PM
i was surprised to see them all there i go back for a visit and all of a sudden there's an e34 store 5 blocks from where i grew up.

that looked like a full ac schnits setup but i wouldn't know. one of them had this weird full boot taillight assembly which was on all wrong but it said hella on it never seen it in all my surfing! the nicest one imo was a stock 92 535i but i like mine better than all of them.:D

anyway - yah would be cool if we could pull moe away from his kids for a couple next time i didn't even call him this trip it was stupidly short.

did you see whether they are all slush boxes? they seem to love their autos in Japan. i remember a while back someone here posted a write-up about a guy that converted his e34 m5 from a manual to an auto...that's some crazy sacrilegious $hit..:D

525i winter driver
06-25-2008, 09:27 PM
did you see whether they are all slush boxes? they seem to love their autos in Japan. i remember a while back someone here posted a write-up about a guy that converted his e34 m5 from a manual to an auto...that's some crazy sacrilegious $hit..:D
come on man this car came out in the EIGHTIES - yes i think 3 out of 4 were autos...

with an auto you can smoke, drink coffee, frg with the radio, and scrape the ice off the inside of the windshield all at the same time ya know.

RockJock
06-25-2008, 10:55 PM
come on man this car came out in the EIGHTIES - yes i think 3 out of 4 were autos...

with an auto you can smoke, drink coffee, frg with the radio, and scrape the ice off the inside of the windshield all at the same time ya know.

I guess there are still huge regional differences. In Japan and in the US, autos make up 90% of the market and in Europe manuals account for roughly 85% of the market…

and you're correct, i've burned my nuts a few times with hot coffee, while I was trying to answer my phone or play with the radio....and shifting, that's when those gay little bluetooth headsets come in handy :)