PDA

View Full Version : OT: James 2 - legacy or coincidence?

whiskychaser
06-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Got that silly XPvirus2008 come up today. Its a well known scam but prompted me to double check my computer for viruses. Found something called virtumonde which is some sort of spyware. Lives in file winscr.dll in windows/system32. Also found a couple of cheeky cookies: webtrendslive and doubleclick. First one tracks what sites you visit. All clear before our friend visited and all clear now. Just wonder if he left us all calling card?

525i winter driver
06-21-2008, 04:42 PM
thanks for posting that - i never clicked on the link 'cause i'm so very paranoid but i appreciate the info anyway.

man, people really suck it's amazing sometimes.

dacoyote
06-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Btw...

Anyone that clicked the link should run a checkup... there was a virus that was trying to be installed when visited...

whiskychaser
06-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Btw...

Anyone that clicked the link should run a checkup... there was a virus that was trying to be installed when visited...

I didnt even click on the link. What puzzles me is that people who are smart enough to write a virus have got to be programmers anyway. Its like coming on this forum and giving duff information. Somebody could take hours or days and money following advice just to find it was rubbish. And the same again just to get back to square one

dacoyote
06-21-2008, 09:48 PM
... people who are smart enough to write a virus have got to be programmers anyway...

Don't get me started on people that write virus... I will end up getting banned :-(

BMWDriver
06-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Should we sue the guy or something ?

repenttokyo
06-22-2008, 12:45 AM
I didnt even click on the link. What puzzles me is that people who are smart enough to write a virus have got to be programmers anyway. Its like coming on this forum and giving duff information. Somebody could take hours or days and money following advice just to find it was rubbish. And the same again just to get back to square one

no, it's just scripts put together by script tools, you don't need to be a programmer to write a virus. there's no skill involved.

attack eagle
06-23-2008, 06:02 PM
I love macs.