PDA

View Full Version : central locking problem

mystic_525_tds
06-21-2008, 05:08 AM
a fellow e34 owner at my work is having problems with his central locking, he said the rears stopped working a while ago so he disconnected them but now the front doors dont work, when he presses the fob the red light on the dash comes on for the immobilser so his fob is ok its just the doors are not working, if he opens the drivers door with his key both doors unlock but when he uses his key to lock either front door it only locks the one door and not the other.

any ideas guys, i have searched through the forum but cant find a specific answer

bmwrp8
06-21-2008, 08:51 AM
a fellow e34 owner at my work is having problems with his central locking, he said the rears stopped working a while ago so he disconnected them but now the front doors dont work, when he presses the fob the red light on the dash comes on for the immobilser so his fob is ok its just the doors are not working, if he opens the drivers door with his key both doors unlock but when he uses his key to lock either front door it only locks the one door and not the other.

any ideas guys, i have searched through the forum but cant find a specific answer

Is the wiper and radio working? try checking the fusible link?

wingman
06-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Sounds like they're out of sync. Do a search on 'out of sync' and you may be able to solve this problem