PDA

View Full Version : Bmwe34.net is going down...

Bruno
06-20-2008, 07:40 AM
I am being kicked out of my free hosting, so I am in the process of paying to host the website. I will have to modify some pages, and I am thinking about migrating the site to a Wiki so everyone can contribute to it.

This means that it will take a lot of time but it will make the website so much better as people will be able to make corrections and additions right away.

That and the fact that I am transplanting a turbo M30 into the 635csi race car, the website might be down for a month or so. Using megasquirt is allowing me to learn a lot about it, I will make sure to make a detailed page on the usage of megasquirt on the 535i E34.

Thank you for your patience.

repenttokyo
06-20-2008, 08:00 AM
do you need somewhere to host it in the meantime? let me know.

shogun
06-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Would be nice to keep the site online till the new version works.
Many people visit your site every day, I also have the link on my website below.

dacoyote
06-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Sorry to hear that... let me know if you need any help... I know we had talked about hosting before and nothing came of it.

nizmainiac
06-20-2008, 09:31 AM
hope you get it sorted soon

Bimmer Nut Ed
06-20-2008, 09:46 AM
Bruno, if you're paying to host it, I can host it free. On my new colo server that actually stays up!!!!! As opposed to my old one!

PM me.

Jr ///M5
06-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Good idea Ed, it only makes sense to keep the E34 net part of this board as that is where it's roots are...

Many, many thanks to Bruno over the years and years of maintaining and keeping the E34 net going.

Thanks to both of you for all you do...

JR

Bruno
06-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Good idea Ed, it only makes sense to keep the E34 net part of this board as that is where it's roots are...

Many, many thanks to Bruno over the years and years of maintaining and keeping the E34 net going.

Thanks to both of you for all you do...

JR

Actually what makes sense, and this is what I am working on: going Wiki...
Like that everyone can contribute to the website.

I might need some help to convert the pages to tikiwiki files.
In the mean time I will try to put the website back up next week, I am waiting for the domain name to be transfered.

nirvana19
06-23-2008, 02:24 PM
hmm.. is the write-up on replacing the brake pads and rotors online anywhere else, just got my brembo rotors and pagid red pads :( or is it just time to open up the bentley book

dacoyote
06-23-2008, 02:27 PM
hmm.. is the write-up on replacing the brake pads and rotors online anywhere else, just got my brembo rotors and pagid red pads :( or is it just time to open up the bentley book

Try something like

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+site%3Abmwe34.net+brakes

If you use the google cache you should be able to find what you are looking for.... the downside is that the pictures don't work

Bruno
06-23-2008, 02:45 PM

Here is the temporary wiki: http://gator482.hostgator.com/~bruno/Wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Brakes

PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER YET, I still have to finish the pages.

ThoreauHD
06-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Was just talking to my indy mechanic today about this. He says he went to look something up and it was gone. Was kind of a downer. But not anymore!

I think a wiki is the right way to go. I'm not too bright but every once in awhile I find a gem that I'd like to save for posterity. Makes me sad seeing repeated forum posts about something that can be fixed with little effort. The wiki should probably have some older mechanic moderators to keep the newbs like me in check.

Thanks for the site Bruno. Nothing like it.