PDA

View Full Version : OT: I'm in Munich...

pingu
06-18-2008, 04:06 PM
... but I'm not gloating as I'm here on work and I won't be able to go to the BMW museum (which apparently has a full-size cutaway E32 - almost an E34). Next time I'll plan things a bit better so that I can do some BMW gawking and post some pictures to prove it!

whiskychaser
06-18-2008, 04:51 PM
... but I'm not gloating as I'm here on work and I won't be able to go to the BMW museum (which apparently has a full-size cutaway E32 - almost an E34). Next time I'll plan things a bit better so that I can do some BMW gawking and post some pictures to prove it!
Take a tour of the micro breweries. But stay away from the sausage and cabbage unless you are used to it:) And just because you dont have to go to the bar to pay each time you want a drink doesnt mean they are not counting :D Work hard play hard - bet you are up at 5 in the morning. Unlucky :D

shogun
06-18-2008, 10:28 PM
The BMW Museum is closed since some years due to full renovation. It was built in 1973.
It was planned to open it in summer 2007!

BUT, if you are lucky, you might be one of the first ones to go there, new opening day is (planned) :

June 21, 2008 Saturday

In any case you have to visit the new BMW World, I have been there in Feb. this year.
http://www.bmw-welt.com/web/portal/de/index_highend.html

shogun
06-18-2008, 10:31 PM
sorry, double posting, due to "renovation of the forum server " :p

pingu
06-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Great info but I'm already back in Britain - but at least I didn't try to go to it two days before it re-opened! I've saved that link you kindly provided for when I'm next in Munich.

shogun
06-24-2008, 12:55 AM
List of exhibits in the new museum
http://www.7-forum.com/news/2008/bmw_museum/exponate.php

Beemr750
06-25-2008, 05:17 PM
DEUTSCHLAND- Tuerkei

3 - 2

Leopoldstrasse feiert

whiskychaser
06-26-2008, 04:32 AM
DEUTSCHLAND- Tuerkei

3 - 2

Leopoldstrasse feiert

They should be celebrating. I would tend to agree with the following, courtesy of The Telegraph:
"Turkey were the better team last night but we proved to be more efficient...we must improve on Sunday though."

shogun
06-26-2008, 05:06 AM
Don't underestimate the Germans. They are not the team that they used to be but I believe that they still have the warrior's spirit, this "never surrender" attitude, which has been always their characteristic.

As Gary Linecker has said "Football is when 22 guys are playing and at the end it is always Germany that wins".

:)