PDA

View Full Version : K-Mac springs for e34- does anyone know about them?

genphreak
06-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Does anyone know how K-Mac (http://www.k-mac.com) springs look on an e34? Just got a set second hand, and I believe they will lower the car further than the M-tech ride height. Has anyone seen these springs before, know where they are made, if they are any good... etc?

Many thanks in advance, Nick

BigKriss
06-16-2008, 03:50 AM
how do you know they are from K-MAC. are they orange?

genphreak
06-17-2008, 02:20 AM
how do you know they are from K-MAC. are they orange?G'day Kris- yep they are orange, and the PO said they were K-Mac. Aparently K-Mac is Aussie, so guessing who makes these might be interesting. Perhaps King, perhaps Lovells, perhaps National Springs, some low volume deal somebody setup- who knows. They are for the 535, but these springs are pretty much universal acorss all e34s.

I have the feeling that they will slam the car... hmm

BigKriss
06-17-2008, 04:54 AM
I was going to say that they make the springs to a custom height so I have no idea how much lower they will be.

genphreak
06-17-2008, 09:40 AM
I was going to say that they make the springs to a custom height so I have no idea how much lower they will be.Ah k, interesting. Maybe I can drop them into them and see if they can tell... :) well I don't think I can use them then, Eibach/H&R ride height is what I need... it's time to make some spacers for the rear spring seats so one can simply add the height one wants by removing the spring and adding the taller spring seat.

:) thanks Kriss...