PDA

View Full Version : Unknown switch plate

Sixdown
06-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I've been wondering what the switch cover left of fog light switch is for. Is there an option for something that has a switch?
I saw an interior picture of a B10 and it had some small switch in place of the plastic cover. Any info?

LunatiC
06-14-2008, 10:25 PM
I have a RHD E34 so my switches may be in swapped places compared to your LHD one, but it might be the headlight adjustment thumbwheel that you're talking about.

On my E34 (1995 model), I don't have any blanking plates / covers, on my left where my fog light switch is, is the headlight adjustment, and on the right side where my parking light switch is, is internal dashboard illumination level wheel.

I have seen on some interior shots of E34s on this board this switch cover has a red LED, I'm guessing for some sort of alarm system.

Hope this helps you.

bubba966
06-15-2008, 07:23 AM
It's used for either the headlight adjustment or the EDC switch on cars that are equipped with either adjustable headlights or EDC.

Not sure if any cars came equipped with both adjustable headlights & EDC. Not sure where they'd put one of those switches if the car had both. Suppose one of them could be installed in the ASC+T 'cluster' in the shifter console.

I think the B10 BiTurbo had an switch for adjusting the boost level in that area. Seem to recall that as being installed in that position on a BiTurbo pic I saw a while ago.