PDA

View Full Version : Car got egged -- can I do anything?

LunatiC
06-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Woke up this morning to see some egg shell on my windscreen. "That's odd?" I thought, then walked around the car to see running egg white and all these smashed eggs on the ground in the gutter.

There are two pelt marks in my paint on the passenger side (my E34 is RHD), one on the front door and the other on the rear door. I can see the cracks in the top layer of the paint / lacquer where the egg made contact with the paint.

Is there anything I can do (other than finding these punks and anally inserting their eggs) as a measure to slow down or stop any paint rot from the sulphur and other **** that's in an egg? I have already washed the car, but I don't know how many hours the egg has stayed on the paint -- could be anything up to 12 hours already.

Cheers,
-- George

t.wak
06-14-2008, 08:32 PM
www.detailaddiction.com.au/forums

genphreak
06-14-2008, 09:18 PM
I'd clean it properly, first with water, then with alcohol or gin, polish really well with lots of elbow grease- getting a good heat into the 'cracks'. So long as you can't see any remnants of egg you should be fine... (?) but I am only guessing. Am I wrong? Does egg get into the paint really fast and does it have particulalry caustic and damaging effects? (I know that you can't get it off concrete once it sets... but car paint is different).

Of course it really helps to keep your car polished so it can resist this and other kinds of microscopic chemical attacks...