PDA

View Full Version : HOLY *BLEEEEP*!!! Floor Rot!

Jehu
06-14-2008, 05:03 PM
I was just vacuuming the car and the Gas Pedal came right out of the floor... I only want to know one thing.. is there solid metal directly under your foot area or is it open but filled with insulating foam? If its open with foam then the slight depressions where my heel rests is just the foam conforming to my foot but if metal then my whole floor board is rotted out..

Has anyone ever re-fabricated the area around the bottom of the Gas Pedal? I imagine it would require new metal being welded in after grinding back to clean metal then refitting the pedal attachment. Rather an art I'd guess... At least The pedal is for the time being still able to be of some service and isn't just flopping all around when I step on it... Ugh..

filip00
06-14-2008, 06:05 PM
i lifted the gas pedal on two e34's, both had beginnings of rust. both cars were rust free, but this is obviously the part where some dots do catch on.

Jehu
06-14-2008, 06:13 PM
i lifted the gas pedal on two e34's, both had beginnings of rust. both cars were rust free, but this is obviously the part where some dots do catch on.

Did you do anything to rehab it or just leave it and figure the car would die before it was a major problem as in there's no place left for the gas pedal to rest...