PDA

View Full Version : Bottom door trims

Scott C
06-14-2008, 03:38 AM
First make sure you have the right ones - some of the later ones likely won't fit/match correctly (Mtech vs rubber).

They are a pain to put on - take a look at the design, you will see they go one with a little force - I used a block of wood and rubber mallet to help (that was after I painted where there was surface rust). Mine were the Mtech ones (painted, not rubber). I can't speak for the difficulty in the rubber ones.

Scott

dave.o
06-14-2008, 04:06 AM
Hello Fellas I run an 88 535 this has the rubber trims on the base of all the doors. I have sourced a set of the later model solid trims but can't get these to fit. Anybody know the secret?

525i winter driver
06-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Hello Fellas I run an 88 535 this has the rubber trims on the base of all the doors. I have sourced a set of the later model solid trims but can't get these to fit. Anybody know the secret?

what do you mean the later model? i haven't done the door trims but if the ones you have are for an e34 i hear they go on pretty easily.

dave.o
06-14-2008, 02:44 PM
what do you mean the later model? i haven't done the door trims but if the ones you have are for an e34 i hear they go on pretty easily.
My 535 has plain metal sills with rubber strips on the door bottoms. Later models have plastic sill covers with plastic door bottom trims. I am trying to fit these plastic trims to my doors. I think these were possibly a M Tech option but on later models became standard. I removed these from a later model 525 in the breakers. Hope this clarifys things, as at the moment they definately don't go on easy hence why I am asking for advice.