PDA

View Full Version : yokohama EVS 100

darron525
05-26-2004, 03:58 PM
hey fellas,

I just got my 18 inch staggared set of M-parallels. I wanted to know what you guys thought about the yokohama evs 100's to go on this set. I like the tires aggresive look.
I don't drive real aggresive but i do want good performance.

thanks,

Darron

Scott H
05-26-2004, 04:03 PM
they got loud after 10k, cupped, and wore unevenly. Not a terrible tire for the price. I believe the E34 is a bit heavy for these tires, and with a lowered suspension set up, it was not conducive to great wear. I replaced them with Bridgestone RE-750

Rick L
05-26-2004, 04:15 PM
Do you mean AVS ES100? If so, they handle great with decent ride for 18" tires but they do get loud as they wear (maybe after 8k-10k miles). Also, they are summer tires and not designed for snow. For that price, I would go with Goodyear F1 GS-D3. They are better in performance, ride quality, and noise level. I purchased Goodyear F1 GS-D3 for my JAG and they are the best summer tires I have ever owned. Now my car handles like a sports car but drives like a luxury sedan. :)

hey fellas,

I just got my 18 inch staggared set of M-parallels. I wanted to know what you guys thought about the yokohama evs 100's to go on this set. I like the tires aggresive look.
I don't drive real aggresive but i do want good performance.

thanks,

Darron

Johntee540
05-26-2004, 04:22 PM
had Yokos went to Toyo Proxies and was much happier. The Yokos we so loud I couldnt stand to ride in the car. Toyos much quieter; More aggressive; better handling. Of course thats my opinion. Out here in Virginia I have found the handling to be extremely useful while dodging Cicadas on the highway. Good Luck - JT

darron525
05-26-2004, 05:57 PM
thanks fellas,

Scott, forgot to mention that im in socal , so snow is not an issue.

thanks,
Darron

had Yokos went to Toyo Proxies and was much happier. The Yokos we so loud I couldnt stand to ride in the car. Toyos much quieter; More aggressive; better handling. Of course thats my opinion. Out here in Virginia I have found the handling to be extremely useful while dodging Cicadas on the highway. Good Luck - JT