PDA

View Full Version : Which black is your E34?

bubba966
06-09-2008, 07:05 PM
And what country was is originally built for?

Wondering as I don't see many (any?) North American E34's in Cosmos unless it's an M-Sport.

Too bad to as I rather like my M-Sport in Cosmos. Wasn't sure about it at first. But I do like it now. And it's rather nice when it's clean and the sun is out. Not to mention it hides stuff a little better than the straight black (jet black/schwartz II?). But it's still black and does get dirty quickly...

Paul in NZ
06-09-2008, 11:45 PM
excuse spelling;;
diamand swartz...it is hard to keep clean
http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/kiwi535/manfeildjun05.jpg

BadAss95-530i
06-10-2008, 05:51 AM
exact # under my hood says "Schwartz II 668/9" I see countless lising of668 as jet black, but anyone know what the ".../9" means?

Dave M
06-10-2008, 07:15 AM
"power of the schwartz" Who's seen spaceballs????

http://www.penguincomics.net/dvdreviews/dvdrimages/spaceballs4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Bimmer/5erbriggs3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/dave_macisaac/Bimmer/5erbriggs9.jpg

Ross
06-10-2008, 08:17 AM
My '89 is straight black whatever it's called with the grey bumpers.

525i winter driver
06-10-2008, 08:37 AM
My '89 is straight black whatever it's called with the grey bumpers.
that's a factory setup???????
mine is the same (schwarz I) with grey bumpers which i thought had come from another car - i was planning a paint job but maybe i won't.

does schwarz really have no clearcoat? the touch-up paint comes in the single bottle... i don't know enough to be able to tell if there is clear coat on the car tho.

edit: btw ... built for canada (eh?)

Ross
06-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Yes, from the factory that way. I don't know if the black was single stage or not. My car suffered a deer strike many years ago and the hood was repaired using a clear coat which is now peeling.
According the man who lovingly applied many, many coats of black lacquer to a long lost car of mine. Black looks better without a clear covering. I agree.

525i winter driver
06-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Yes, from the factory that way. I don't know if the black was single stage or not. My car suffered a deer strike many years ago and the hood was repaired using a clear coat which is now peeling.
According the man who lovingly applied many, many coats of black lacquer to a long lost car of mine. Black looks better without a clear covering. I agree.
that's awesome - so what colour is my bumper then? gotta get me some touchup paint... maybe a few bottles...

Bo525i
06-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Mine´s schwartz II, built for germany!

nirvana19
06-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Schwarz, but my car has had a full repaint which seems to have a clearcoat (could be wrong). Really makes the car shine and people think its almost new, but touch-ups aren't AS easy (black can't complain right?).

MurderBlack
06-10-2008, 10:40 AM
same here schwarz, but my car is still new to me and I'm guessing it's been repainted

sneekens
06-10-2008, 12:04 PM
diamant shwartz - ECE (Europe)

BMWDriver
06-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Diamantschwarz metallik - 181, canadian specs.

Mine's not to bad to keep looking good. It's the black leather that makes it worse for heat. Mine is parchment. I'm cool with it... :p
http://www3.sympatico.ca/quebecman/GVe34e.png

whiskychaser
06-10-2008, 01:51 PM
And what country was is originally built for?

Wondering as I don't see many (any?) North American E34's in Cosmos unless it's an M-Sport.

Too bad to as I rather like my M-Sport in Cosmos. Wasn't sure about it at first. But I do like it now. And it's rather nice when it's clean and the sun is out. Not to mention it hides stuff a little better than the straight black (jet black/schwartz II?). But it's still black and does get dirty quickly...
There's always one and I'm going to be it today. I wouldnt buy a black car cos they are hot in summer (even in the UK) and worse they are a bugger to keep clean. Best for not showing dirt is silver/grey. Mine is dolphin made of the ZA market. I just didnt want to feel left out

NielsGalan
06-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Brown is the new Black!

bubba966
06-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Hmm, seems like Cosmos (#303) is probably as rare as I thought it was. Too bad really as I think it's a better color than the regular blacks...

There's always one and I'm going to be it today. I wouldnt buy a black car cos they are hot in summer (even in the UK) and worse they are a bugger to keep clean. Best for not showing dirt is silver/grey. Mine is dolphin made of the ZA market. I just didnt want to feel left out

I didn't buy my M-Sport in black because it was easier to maintain/live with. I bought it in black because I think the E34 M's (with the Evo mirrors) look best in black. Yes, I realize the M-Sport isn't an M5. But it's pretty much an M5 with a V8 under the hood instead of the I6. Everything but the engine & tranny is M5.

It's a pain in the ass for it to be black.

But it's a damn sexy car in black. And that's why if I was going to buy an M-Sport it was going to be a black one. Would've been a lot easier to find one if I didn't specifically look for the black on black M-Sport 5 Speed. Which is quite logical as there seems to be only 3 black on black M-Sport 5 Speeds produced...

Macv
06-11-2008, 05:24 PM
my schwarz 068 has the /9 too, what gives?

edt: errrr that's 086... to you non dyslexics

/9 is an interior option code.

525i winter driver
06-11-2008, 10:33 PM
exact # under my hood says "Schwartz II 668/9" I see countless lising of668 as jet black, but anyone know what the ".../9" means?
my schwarz 068 has the /9 too, what gives?

edt: errrr that's 086... to you non dyslexics