PDA

View Full Version : Raybestos Ceramic/Adv Tech

ThoreauHD
06-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I was wondering if the quality of Raybestos brake pads have taken a hit as of late, and I just missed the thread. I purchased a full set of ceramic pads, but they no longer make the Quiet Stop line. They call it Advanced Technology now.

Looking at the things, it looks like it has copper fragments embedded in it and the like. Since I've already bought the things, I'm gonna put them in and pray. What do you guys recommend these days as high quality ceramics?

Bill R.
06-09-2008, 12:09 PM
give a s**t is akebono ceramics, I've had problems with other brand ceramic pads, although the bendix ceramics are also very good just not readily available to me here. Akebono is the only pad that i have never had problems with, ever.

I was wondering if the quality of Raybestos brake pads have taken a hit as of late, and I just missed the thread. I purchased a full set of ceramic pads, but they no longer make the Quiet Stop line. They call it Advanced Technology now.

Looking at the things, it looks like it has copper fragments embedded in it and the like. Since I've already bought the things, I'm gonna put them in and pray. What do you guys recommend these days as high quality ceramics?

Tiger
06-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Hey BillR!!! Long time no see! How did your Brown Gas quest/research go?

Bill R.
06-09-2008, 11:07 PM
franchise had trouble with the long term ones that he's done and is now rethinking them. When applying enough current to produce a large amount of hydrogen he had problems with water vapor corroding the throttle body assy. So he's looking into some other people's setups that have water vapor traps and dry the gas out a little better. Other than that i haven't done anything with them.

Hey BillR!!! Long time no see! How did your Brown Gas quest/research go?

Tiger
06-10-2008, 03:00 AM
Mmm... that's interesting to hear... does the fuel mileage really increase that much? I am tinkering with safe method of hypermiling... I just started so I don't know if I will yield such a mileage increase.

ThoreauHD
06-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the tip Bill. I'll go Akebono next round. Those suckers were damned expensive, but if it's less BS later, it's worth it.