PDA

View Full Version : Retrofitting winter package

BennyM
06-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey guys. Have any of you looked into purchasing a warm climate E34 (say from the southern U.S.) and then prepping it for cold climate (north U.S.) by adding winter package features like heated seats, LSD, heated mirrors, etc.?

That's what I'm pondering. I really like the LSD, which I assume is a bolt on, but the heated seats are surprisingly handy as well. Is the wiring already in all of these cars or would I have to run additional wires and relays? I have an old E34 with the winter package already, so I thought maybe I could just swap switches, coils, relays, and such into the one I'd like to buy. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks!
BennyM

ryan roopnarine
06-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I don't think that i've ever seen one in florida without that stuff on it. i assume that many have made it down here from ny and such, though.

attack eagle
06-05-2008, 06:56 AM
rarely seen one without the cold weather package also.
pretty sure the heated seats are prewired, and I thought they ALL had heated mirrors and locks.

stilljester
06-05-2008, 11:16 PM
It order to add heated seats you will need switches and the elements to install inside the seats themselves. They are a pretty straight forward thing to add & I would recommend adding a lumbar support while you have everything apart.

bubba966
06-06-2008, 12:44 AM
I've got heated mirrors, but no heated seats nor LSD. Do have ASC+T though.

Will have to fix the LSD & seat problems. Have the LSD sitting in the basement. Not sure I want that ratio though.

Would be more interested in the seat heating & adjustable lumbar support.

Sixdown
06-06-2008, 06:07 AM
I have a PA car with no winter package at all. ASC+T wasn't out in '89 as far as I know, and all I have is basic ABS.
I've checked out cars with the cold weather package, and changing things out is straight foward except for heated mirrors, and ASC+T if you count that.

How difficult is it to add lumbar support?