PDA

View Full Version : BavAuto Anyone?

BadAss95-530i
06-04-2008, 10:08 AM
ive used them 3 or 4 times for regular maintenence items (oil/fuel/air filters, intake/valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, dash/obc lights, washer pump, etc) I usually get my stuff 2nd day and their prices are pretty good on that kinda thing.

EDIT: also my gaskets were Reinz which is one of the many brands BMA offered. So i dont *think* its all crap. But i guess that doesnt offer much info into the original question....whoops.

spyrot1
06-04-2008, 11:47 AM
I've used them for things like light bulbs, accessories, and add-on things... mainly because of their catalog and web site.

Their marketing is much better, as I like to see the parts they sell.

I've also bought from Mel (abrahamsmotorsport.com) good stuff

For real mechanical parts (that I know the part number for) it's usually BMA.

For used parts it's usually fleabay

///Sniper535
06-04-2008, 01:14 PM
I've had bad luck with their products, concerning their control arms. I've bought Left side Thrust and control arms a while back and they both are beat to hell in a matter of about 6-8 months. My left side upper thrust arm is so bad it clunks over any bump. What brand do they use?

repenttokyo
06-04-2008, 01:27 PM
They don't tell you the brand when you buy it?

I buy from BMA, and they always give me a selection of brands to choose from, and usually save me a lot of money in the process.

glen-sj
06-04-2008, 01:56 PM
I second that.

SnakeyesTx
06-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Since the ball joints on mine were in good shape, I went against the grain and just bought 840 bushings instead and had my local shop press them in and bolt them up. Worked great the first time and was only 45 bucks. They lasted over a year and gave no indication of letting go before the car was totalled a few weeks ago =x

Ross
06-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Nice selection of accessories and very good custom mats from there.
Not among my picks for hard parts mostly because of price. Someone has to pay for that catalog.

gmannino
06-04-2008, 08:28 PM
I have purchases tons of stuff from there. They match anyones price so I wanted to buy some shock mounts from them but said a local Kragen store was selling them for much cheaper.

They called Kragen and matched the price and even discounted an additional amount. They always answers my questions too. I recommend them.

gmannino
06-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Shipping is solid and quick too.

repenttokyo
06-05-2008, 10:01 AM
I've used them for things like light bulbs, accessories, and add-on things... mainly because of their catalog and web site.

Their marketing is much better, as I like to see the parts they sell.

I've also bought from Mel (abrahamsmotorsport.com) good stuff

For real mechanical parts (that I know the part number for) it's usually BMA.

For used parts it's usually fleabay

i don't understand about seeing the parts they sell, BMA has pics of all of their parts...

Qube
06-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Parts... BMA. Otherwise only buy when it's really on sale or clearance at BavAuto. Too expensive.

DaveCN
06-05-2008, 10:51 AM
I have generally stopped using BavAuto because the quality/origin of some of their parts in a couple of my orders was suspect. I have heard (no prrof) that they are using Chinese made stuff these days.

With fap99.com and BMA, you know what brand you are getting.

Typically, I check the prices on Dealer parts - and the guy I use is often cheaper than BMA or fap99 with the dealer sourced part. But he also usually knows what items are stupid expensive from BMW versus the aftermarket OEM guys and will steer me to those sources when he can't get the stuff at a similar price.

Frzninvt
06-05-2008, 01:21 PM
I have had good luck with them so far, some parts are more pricey, and I will source them elsewhere. I mostly get trim pieces and fasteners but recently got a fuel sender and water pump (I sure hope they weren't Chinese). I check Pelican Parts as well thanks for the other sources mentioned that I was not aware of BMA and fap99. I just bought a new AC Condenser/Aux Fan from a guy on eBay for $149. I verified that the source of manufacture was not China it was Italian made and good quality BavAuto wanted like $260 and Pelican like $280. I hope I have good luck getting it changed out.

edward
06-07-2008, 08:49 AM
I too had terrible luck with their control arms, Ball joints disintegrated in less than 20 000 km.

Edward

ThoreauHD
06-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I don't use any suspension parts from bavauto. I buy most everything else from there though. Their ignition coils, filters, etc- are pretty good/OE. But when they market their crap springs and crap brakes as something worthwhile, I start to wonder how much koolaid they've been drinking.

I get the same feeling when I see Giant/Kroger brand organic milk at the grocery. I know these bastards didn't make it, so how they hell do they know it's organic. So in short, I do not buy anything from them that is not OE, or that I cannot identify the origin.

I use bmaparts, rockauto, and bavauto for most stuff. I like all of them.