PDA

View Full Version : Front highlight and both foglight full of water

Loke
05-26-2004, 07:07 AM
I bought non-original foglights for my E34 (under half the price of the original). Im very happy with them actually, except they fill up with fog/water.

I noticed the same on one of my high beams also today. The glass is not cracked on any of them afaics. Any suggestion where the leak most probably is located?

Florida-Bob
05-26-2004, 11:05 AM
I have the same observation on my Florida 525i...seeing H20 condensation "in" my headlights & driving lights. I thought it was just a one time quirk but I noticed it seemed to get worse until I acted on it. What I did was basically put a blow dryer on warm and heat the outside glass lenses. The condensation went away quick and does not seem to be coming back. In a couple of weeks it will be mega-muggy in Florida so the condition might return for me. If you live in a climate like ours, the humidity might be the culprit. I did notice the bulbs do have what looks like a water vapor release tube for what thats worth.

I bought non-original foglights for my E34 (under half the price of the original). Im very happy with them actually, except they fill up with fog/water.

I noticed the same on one of my high beams also today. The glass is not cracked on any of them afaics. Any suggestion where the leak most probably is located?

Loke
05-27-2004, 09:25 AM
I live in Norway, so I highly doubt its Florida-like here :-P (Although I wouldnt mind at times hehe) Guess I'll just have to try and reseal the cap you remove when changing bulbs...