PDA

View Full Version : No OBC,wipers,windows,radio,locks, etc...

50 fiver
06-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I need some help on some electrical issues. It all started with my radio and OBC quitting at the same time, also the windows, wipers, interior lights when the doors open, and the locks... Not sure what else yet... I have checked the fuses, all ok. Is this a symptom of the relays, LKM, or maybe the check control module? I am stumped at this point, and am in need of help from the experts, that's why I am asking you guys. Thanks in advance..

50 fiver
06-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Oh, forgot to say that the first couple of times it did it when I came back to the car later in the day, everything was working fine. It has done this several times, but now, I believe whatever it is has bit the dust because nothing has been working for several days.

nirvana19
06-01-2008, 09:37 PM
sounds like classic fusible link, do a search. Not too bad a fix I think

525i winter driver
06-01-2008, 09:39 PM
I need some help on some electrical issues. It all started with my radio and OBC quitting at the same time, also the windows, wipers, interior lights when the doors open, and the locks... Not sure what else yet... I have checked the fuses, all ok. Is this a symptom of the relays, LKM, or maybe the check control module? I am stumped at this point, and am in need of help from the experts, that's why I am asking you guys. Thanks in advance..
i would check the battery first.

shogun
06-01-2008, 10:11 PM
OBC does not work?
Check also the hidden fuse
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/236235/

50 fiver
06-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks guys, I knew I could get a good answer, also, the battery is new, and I just replaced the starter which fried a couple of weeks ago. There was some major clicking going on with the electrical boxes when that thing went bad and it was still trying to start the car. I will check my bentley for location of fusible links and start from there.

shogun
06-03-2008, 09:37 AM
fusible links are here
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/electrical/fusible_link.htm

runoo00
02-13-2009, 10:31 AM
i am haivngthe same problems did u ever find out what was the problem

bmwrp8
02-13-2009, 11:15 AM
i am haivngthe same problems did u ever find out what was the problem

check the fusible link