PDA

View Full Version : E34 Rear Parcel Speakers

Dvious
06-01-2008, 02:56 AM
Hey looking to get some new speakers for the rear parcel shelf, but im not sure what size they are, any idea as to what size??

Im looking at replacing the two square looking speakers on each corner, im assuming i have to take out the rear shelf to install them?

Thanks.

pingu
06-01-2008, 06:38 AM
The fronts are 5.25 inches so I presume the rears are the same - they're easy to remove so you might as well double check the size. No need to remove the rear shelf, simply remove the square grills that cover them (you can prize the grills up with a screwdriver) and then unscrew the mounting screws.

BigKriss
06-01-2008, 10:44 AM
yeah, rear size is 5.25"

Qube
06-01-2008, 11:01 AM
The left side one is a pain in the ass to get to as the screw is just under the lip. You'll find a tweeter and midbass there.

kev535i
06-02-2008, 03:12 AM
quote-"You'll find a tweeter and midbass there."
depending what was installed -in Aust. if you have the base model audio you will only have 5.25 fullrange speaker and yes they are very difficult to get out but i did mine without removing parcel shelf- i got and old screwdriver and bent a rightangle on the end to get the difficult screws out

BigKriss
06-02-2008, 03:25 AM
I don't think I had that problem, the speakers are in those black plastic "cups", but I had to remove the parcel shelf - well what I remember anyway.but these where easy to remove and no difficult screws to remove - just some thoughts Kev.

depending what was installed -in Aust. if you have the base model audio you will only have 5.25 fullrange speaker and yes they are very difficult to get out but i did mine without removing parcel shelf- i got and old screwdriver and bent a rightangle on the end to get the difficult screws out

Dvious
06-04-2008, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the help guys, its just i ask this because i while ago i saw someone changing the parcel shelf speakers and they had removed the whole parcel shelf, and i remember seeing those black cone shaped objects. Were the rear pillar is, is where i heard its hard to remove the screws.

Thanks again!