PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Glass Break Sensor/Mic E34

Frzninvt
05-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Anybody know the model of the BMW/Alpine remote control alarm system used in a 1995 BMW 525i? A previous owner severed the lead to the glass break sensor and LED that were mounted in the small plastic panel right below the fresh air ducts at the rear of the center console. I was able to reconnect the LED but it does not light up, the seems to be no metal filiment of any kind in the glass break sensor/mic. Any clue where I might find one of these? I believe it plugs into the brain that is located under the rear seat with an 1/8" phone jack. Any information, insight, or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Ross
05-31-2008, 08:23 AM
The glass break sensor is nothing more than a small microphone, same as found in lots of cell phone installations.
If you can't find one I have several.

Frzninvt
05-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Thanks Ross, I looked closer at the one I have. It looks like a single stranded copper wire so I can try and fix it. The LED looks OK and I just found out it only lights up when the system is "double locked" if you have one of those cell phone mics kicking around I think it plugs into the alarm brain with an 1/8" phono type plug like those used for small headphones or MP3 players I would love to try one. What do you want for one with shipping to 05468?