PDA

View Full Version : OT What I've been working on..

swenpro
05-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi guys, I've been keeping up with the board about every day and dropping in a comment here and there, but if anyone noticed I really haven't been doing any work on my car recently. This is partly because it hasn't needed very much work, and partly because I've been busy with school, I just finished my second year of mechanical engineering at U of I, Champaign.

This last semester I came up with an idea for a website, so I figured why not, I'll try it. So after partnering with a computer science major, four months later we now have OneClickDaily.com (http://OneClickDaily.com/). Right now you can preview the fully functional site with examples of online billboards. This billboard spaces are being auctioned off on eBay every day (the first auctions end tomorrow), so if you know of someone in marketing or anyone who owns a business please let them know about this innovative opportunity.

This is definitely a grassroots effort, and it will only succeed if the concept can prove itself through word of mouth. The main focus is bringing quality back to online advertising in particular through a consumer rating system which could force companies to provide better ads and better deals. If any of you are frequenters of various deal sites, this is definitely something you'll want to keep an eye on, make a username and see how it works. :)

Thanks,
Greg