PDA

View Full Version : Planning caravans to the E34 Meet??? Anybody?? Everybody???

Jr ///M5
05-26-2008, 08:49 PM
You guys that are making the journey across a few states to attend the meet, plan on any caravans or meeting up at a certain day/time so you can travel in groups?

I know Brandon is coming up from Texas, and AJ will be coming from the Carolinas? (is that right AJ?) or was it Kentucky? If Stargazer makes the voyage this year, I know he's from the Carolinas...;)

This would be a good time to nail down the travel plans as the meet is only a couple weeks away now.

I'll be rolling up to Chicago early Friday morning from the middle of Illinois, through the twisty route ;)

bimmerd00d
05-27-2008, 08:50 AM
What time are you leaving JR? I'm looking to actually leave EARLY from Texas, like 1-2am and get the bulk of driving done at night. Maybe i'll be in southern IL by then. Want some company on those backroads?

Jr ///M5
05-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Tha'd be kool......what day are you leaving? I plan on leaving Friday morning, between 6 and 8 sometime. You would have to leave 12-13 hours before that in order to cover the 800 plus miles to the backwoods.

So you would have to drive all night long to get to my location, then we've only got about 120-130 to Scott's house. You'll need a little break by then. You could split it up, leave Thursday am, drive 8-10 hours, sleep and then drive into Central Illinois Friday morning early. That way you'll be refreshed and ready for those backroads.

I know you've made this trip many times, but if you're coming my way, you will need to take highway 155 North out of Lincoln, after Springfield, instead of staying on 55 to Chicago.

dacoyote
05-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Not that anyone likes me as I don't have a e34 anymore..

I will be leaving from Cleveland, OH Friday at some time

bimmerd00d
05-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Tha'd be kool......what day are you leaving? I plan on leaving Friday morning, between 6 and 8 sometime. You would have to leave 12-13 hours before that in order to cover the 800 plus miles to the backwoods.

So you would have to drive all night long to get to my location, then we've only got about 120-130 to Scott's house. You'll need a little break by then. You could split it up, leave Thursday am, drive 8-10 hours, sleep and then drive into Central Illinois Friday morning early. That way you'll be refreshed and ready for those backroads.

I know you've made this trip many times, but if you're coming my way, you will need to take highway 155 North out of Lincoln, after Springfield, instead of staying on 55 to Chicago.

We'll see. It all depends when I can get out of work. If i get out early Thursday afternoon, we'll probably make it to Springfield, MO which is a little under halfway. If that happens we'll crash for a few hours and then high-tail it your way. If not, no worries at all and we'll see you saturday for sure.

93AlpineII
05-28-2008, 09:19 PM
JR, thanks for the plug. ANYONE...we're driving Friday morning (ish) from Louisville, KY--about 7 hours total.

From Louisville, it's I-65 through Indianapolis, and all the way to Gary, IN, then a short bit of I-80 (I think), and finally 294 around Chicago to Spring Grove. We'll likely hit Indi around noon est, then south/ west side of Chicago around 3 pm central. If someone is coming from Southeast or Carolina's, we could likely meet up along I65. Also willing to meet up around Chicago--it's still an hour and a half from south side to Spring Grove.

AJ

healtoeit
05-31-2008, 07:01 AM
Anyone leaving from the northern VA area?
Will most likely take I76 north to 80/90 in indiana and Ohio.
I have to work Friday so I do not know when I am leaving

bimmerd00d
06-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Anybody interested in a lumberjack breakfast before the meet?
A great little country restaurant is nearby in Richmond, Il., maybe 10 minutes from Spring Grove.

whoa, that sounds good. The g/f and I are in for this, brandon j better be in too.

Ross
06-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Anybody interested in a lumberjack breakfast before the meet?
A great little country restaurant is nearby in Richmond, Il., maybe 10 minutes from Spring Grove.

Ross
06-04-2008, 04:51 PM
It's a small little joint aptly called the Cubbyhole. On Rt12 barely south of the Wisconsin border. Clean place, great stick to your ribs home cooking and good service. Whoever has the local connection in Spring Grove may know it and be able to vouch as well.
It's 30 miles from my home and I've been know to make the trip for breakfast.

Macv
06-05-2008, 06:04 PM
I'll be leaving sometime Friday. Muncie>I69>I465>I65>I80/90 to whatever :D

JR, thanks for the plug. ANYONE...we're driving Friday morning (ish) from Louisville, KY--about 7 hours total.

From Louisville, it's I-65 through Indianapolis, and all the way to Gary, IN, then a short bit of I-80 (I think), and finally 294 around Chicago to Spring Grove. We'll likely hit Indi around noon est, then south/ west side of Chicago around 3 pm central. If someone is coming from Southeast or Carolina's, we could likely meet up along I65. Also willing to meet up around Chicago--it's still an hour and a half from south side to Spring Grove.

AJ

When do you think you'll be through Indianapolis? I plan on going mid-day Friday. I'll be taking I69 to Indianapolis to I65 all the way up. It's about an hour to the other side of Indy from me so if you guys get there 1-2pm I'd definitely tag along.

Eightfooticeman
06-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Hey live in Lake Ridge VA if I can get off work I'm looking to take the trip.

93AlpineII
06-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Sorry about the late reply... anyway, things have changed and I now am going two days early as I need to work in Chicago Thursday / Friday morn (our corp office north of Chicago). Thanks for reaching out though..Be safe on your drive and I'll meet you at the meet!

I'll be leaving sometime Friday. Muncie>I69>I465>I65>I80/90 to whatever :D

When do you think you'll be through Indianapolis? I plan on going mid-day Friday. I'll be taking I69 to Indianapolis to I65 all the way up. It's about an hour to the other side of Indy from me so if you guys get there 1-2pm I'd definitely tag along.