PDA

View Full Version : Fitting US M3 cams into M50 engine

albundy
05-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Thought of fixing the cams on the e34 with the M52 engine. I have remapped the afm and ignition timing with Superchip and so far the results have been impressive.

Has anyone fix these cams into their e34? Do I need a customized chip? Will my current superchip work? Any idea of hp gain with these cams?

Thanks.

Rgds
Don

MarkD
05-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Thought of fixing the cams on the e34 with the M52 engine. I have remapped the afm and ignition timing with Superchip and so far the results have been impressive.

Has anyone fix these cams into their e34? Do I need a customized chip? Will my current superchip work? Any idea of hp gain with these cams?

Thanks.

Rgds
Don

Hi Don,

ideally you need a new chip which will richen the fuel mixture. You may find that your current chip works but it will not be optimal. I've made a chip for the M50tu with M3 cams (with Bosch 413 DME) but can't help you out in this case as you have EWS.

Mark

albundy
05-25-2004, 11:27 PM
Mark,

Talked to Superchip, they have the mapping for it. I am using their chip on my 2.8 motor now (since there were no other options) and it comes with a scrambler to prevent cloning. Maybe I will install a fuel regulator to enrich the fuel mixture.

By the way, a friend of mine is very keen on your chip for the 5wk9002 (check my email to you). He wonders whether the mapping for 2.5 motor can be downloaded into that chip.

Thanks Mark.

Rgds
Don

albundy
05-28-2004, 03:12 AM
Specifically I need the lift and the duration of the cams in order to remap my ignition timing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Rgds
Don