PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation and spluttering when wet

Antnicuk
05-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi all,

I have not had my 1991 535 sport for for long, this morning I drove it in the wet for the first time. I drove 5 or so miles, parked up for an hour, then drove home, on the way out it was fine, but coming back it was hesitating and spluttering for the first couple of miles. It soon cleared. Its never done it before so i can only associate it with the heavy rain.

What is the most likely thing to check /change? leads?plugs? coil/s

Many thanks for any help

525i winter driver
05-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Hi all,

I have not had my 1991 535 sport for for long, this morning I drove it in the wet for the first time. I drove 5 or so miles, parked up for an hour, then drove home, on the way out it was fine, but coming back it was hesitating and spluttering for the first couple of miles. It soon cleared. Its never done it before so i can only associate it with the heavy rain.

What is the most likely thing to check /change? leads?plugs? coil/s

Many thanks for any help
use water in a spray bottle and spray it on your leads and distributor cap with the engine running.
if it hesitates when you spray your cap it is cracked, or when you spray the wires then your wires are bad.

Paul in NZ
05-26-2008, 02:36 AM
check the distributor cap and rotor...(yes it has both!)

Ross
05-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Plug wires , cap and rotor. If you don't remember when they were changed do it now.