PDA

View Full Version : Window Wipers

calibra
05-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi all

Could really do with some help on my window wipers they have a mind of there own i was driving down the road the other day and they just came on flicked the switch and they stopped 5 mins later there back on flicked the switch again and they stop :) some 10 mins pass and bang they on again i cant work it out they are just coming on when they feel like it and now its all the time.
Has anyone got any ideas how i can sort this out? for now i have pulled the fuse back as i live in the uk you can never tell when its going to rain lol

cheers for any help

E34-520iSE
05-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Have you looked under your back seat recently? Is it wet or damp around all the relay modules or cables?

HTH,

Shaun M

calibra
05-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Humm iv not looked under there in some time ill pull it out today

cheers

calibra
06-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi all

Ok i had a look under the seat today and there is no sign of any water. i pulled the relay out and they look ok also pulled the big black box out and had a good look at that inside was clean and there was nothing that jumped out as being wrong im at a lose as to why the wipes have a mind of there own.

only thing i can think of is from something i read before about the black box and the sign that it was on its way out was the wipers and something else going but i cant think what

can anyone help me out plz

cheers