PDA

View Full Version : Gas Gauge Does Not Work!!!!!!!!!! On My 89 E34

frankthetankjfpc
05-24-2008, 10:28 AM
hey guys,

i just purchased a 89 535 e34 with 120k miles in fair condition. i have minor problems with the car that i am trying to work out.

first:
the gas gauge is frozen on 3/4 of a tank, and i ran out of gas yesterday because had no idea how much gas was in the tank. any ideas or clues how to get that fixed????

second:
the passenger's side seat is stuck on the recline position, and only one side of the seat goes up..... please help if you can..

thanks guys

whiskychaser
05-24-2008, 10:57 AM
hey guys,

i just purchased a 89 535 e34 with 120k miles in fair condition. i have minor problems with the car that i am trying to work out.

first:
the gas gauge is frozen on 3/4 of a tank, and i ran out of gas yesterday because had no idea how much gas was in the tank. any ideas or clues how to get that fixed????

second:
the passenger's side seat is stuck on the recline position, and only one side of the seat goes up..... please help if you can..

thanks guys
1. Could be the sender unit is stuck and the gauge is OK. You would have to check the wiring diagram but normally grounding out at the sender end gives you a 'full tank' reading
2. There have been a number of posts about one side of seat sticking and how to fix. Hate to state the obvious but try a search and I'm sure it will come up

frankthetankjfpc
05-24-2008, 12:10 PM
1. Could be the sender unit is stuck and the gauge is OK. You would have to check the wiring diagram but normally grounding out at the sender end gives you a 'full tank' reading
2. There have been a number of posts about one side of seat sticking and how to fix. Hate to state the obvious but try a search and I'm sure it will come up

ITS NO PROBLEM MAN, THANKS FOR THE INPUT.

you have remember that i am a total noob to beamers as i purchased the e34 2 days ago.. thanks.