PDA

View Full Version : My experience with BMWNA and the predator display

SnakeyesTx
05-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Close to two weeks ago I decided to try my luck at e-mailing BMWNA on getting my E39's display fixed (the pixelled part under the speedo/tach like the E34). 7 days from the e-mail (this Monday) I finally get a call from a gentleman who was polite, but asked all the same questions I had already answered in my very detailed e-mail to them. He said he would contact the dealer nearest me (which is literally right around the corner from my work) and arrange for the repair to be done and if there would be any snafu's with the "one hour labor" only deal they have been doing for years.

Here it is Friday... before the 3 day weekend, and still no word (11 days after the mail). Very different experience from all the countless other people who said how fast they recieved the call the same day as the e-mail and had their gauges fixed within 48 hours of the e-mail :(

/end rant

SnakeyesTx
05-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Small update.. BMWNA called today, on day 15 (at least they called right?). This applies to E39 owners pre-2000 and E34 owners who may encounter a similar problem on their OBC info under the speedo/tach.

They're still honoring repairs, but will now only cover 25% of the parts cost. This basically translates to around 500 dollars for the cluster repair and another 90 dollars for the 1 hour labor.

At this point its a waste of time since you can just send your cluster to VDO out in California and they'll fix it for 300. :(