PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is this??!!

Barney Paull-Edwards
05-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Decided to give the TDS its spring sort out as power was getting slack over 4000rpm(`s as you say). Time for spring outing to piss off Modena residents by parking outside the cavallino.I noticed that a braided small pipe from the manifold to an electonic switch was damp with diesel.It was a right tussel to get it off the manifold by the dipstick and the electonic switch due to having bloody crimp clamps on both ends. Finally did it and went out on test,difference astounding,back to pulling right to 4900 in 5th as it used to.My question for the likes of shogun is, I assume the electronics switch by the service diagnostics plug is some form of MAP(manifold atmospheric pressure) or what and is it "adjustable"??

Ferret
05-23-2008, 04:12 AM
Which widget are we looking at Barney, the one on the far right of this photo?
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/Ferret101/Car/IMG_9940Medium.jpg

I *think* that's the exhaust gas recirculation controller, it holds the valve open that allows exhaust gas to recirculate back into the intake manifold on overrun and/or idle. However if it sticks, it leaves the EGR valve open under boost and all your boost pressure vents into the exhaust manifold...

My physical valve stuck on mine and the car felt really sluggish, if you've disconnected the hose and it's running better it may be your electrical valve is shot...

Barney Paull-Edwards
05-23-2008, 05:18 AM
Yes, think thats it but without the valve in line, it comes out of the manifold just by the dipstick.