PDA

View Full Version : Sun Shades Retrofit?

///Sniper535
05-22-2008, 05:19 AM
Is it possible to retrofit side window sun shades from an E32 or E38 on an E34? I know the rear window one can be swapped from an E32.

Elekta
05-22-2008, 07:10 AM
You have to have the specific door car for the upper piece to hold the sunshade. Either that or you buy the sunshade and fab it yourself into the upper piece. I have some door cards from Germany with the sunshade in them and I will take some snaps so you can see how they installed them

attack eagle
05-22-2008, 07:24 AM
groovy... I might do that one day.

Elekta
05-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Depending on what's left of my sunshade retrofit, I may have a set for you. I bought the shades years ago for the 530iT not knowing you needed specific door cards. Then last month, Josh in W. Germany found me a pair of touring door cards with sunshades for a couple hundy's and I have them now. They are going to be the template for my nappa blue door cards. I still don't know if leather menders is going to swap out the black plastic upper with the sunshade integrated into it already, or use it as the template to put the new shades I bought years ago directly into the nappa cards. Make sense?

The only thing none of has is the felt window surrounds with the little hooks in them to hang the shades on but I think it won't take much to fab something for the shades to hang onto.

///Sniper535
05-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Cool, i love retrofitting stuff. haha

Kalevera
06-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Is it possible to retrofit side window sun shades from an E32 or E38 on an E34? I know the rear window one can be swapped from an E32.

It's all E34 specific, even the rear shade -- the E32 shade is wider.