PDA

View Full Version : 91 535 inside door paneling exterior pulling loose.

Unregistered
05-25-2004, 06:56 PM
What type of glue is best for rehanging this door panel covering?

AllanS
05-26-2004, 07:37 AM
I used gorilla glue, which can be found in Home Depot. It's worked alright so far, but I'm not sure how it will hold up to the leather, which needs to be stretched to fit.

Unregistered
05-26-2004, 07:46 AM
I took my car to car upholsterers. They used urethane.

Alan Yeung
1990 M5

icm5er
05-26-2004, 08:12 PM
What type of glue is best for rehanging this door panel covering?

It reminded me of a hot glue gun, same color and consistancy, does not dry hard though, stays somewhat flexible and holds really well, no problems since then.

Just be careful if you have to make relief cuts to get the shrunk material back into place, make sure to keep at least 3/4 to 1" away from what will be exposed. You can also use a hair dryer to warm up the material and stratch it.

ACir
05-27-2004, 12:37 PM
I did this to rear doors of 2 E34s. Lasted foro 2+ years so far and look like new. Remove panel assy from door; peel trim cover to expose peeling vinyl covering; staple vinyl covering to panel on area beneath trim cover - bend staple tips so they do not pull out; replace trim cover to hide staples. I used contact cement to put trim cover in place and then CA glue (crazy glue) around the perimeter of the trim cover to permanently bond to vinyl. Reply if you want more details.