PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good Jeep site?

Dan in NZ
05-25-2004, 06:31 PM
I'm sick of having the 525i in the shop every couple of weeks, so I think it's best to sell it while the heater core is only leaking a little bit, and while the 1-2 shift slippage in the transmission is only sometimes noticable. Thinking about a 1993-4 Jeep Cherokee, just for a change. I wouldn't want an E30, and spending more on a bmw that will just as likely have the same problems doesn't seem worth it.

sbcncsu
05-25-2004, 07:39 PM
try:

www.jeepsunlimited.com

Dan in NZ
05-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Thanks for that, I see you have a Jeep too. I was thiking about a 93-94 Cherokee. I don't know much at all about the Jeeps, what do you think of them? Are there any things I need to look out for? Will it likely give less problems than a 1990 525i? I'm hoping to cut down on the expenses of car ownership.

sbcncsu
05-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Thanks for that, I see you have a Jeep too. I was thiking about a 93-94 Cherokee. I don't know much at all about the Jeeps, what do you think of them? Are there any things I need to look out for? Will it likely give less problems than a 1990 525i? I'm hoping to cut down on the expenses of car ownership.

I own my second Jeep. Both V8 Grand Cherokees with all-wheel-drive. The first, a 1993, was of much better build quality than my current 1996 model. The issues I have experienced on my Jeep are particular to the Grand Cherokee Model.

A 4x4 Cherokee will be on par with the BMW. A 2wd would probably be less to maintain than the BMW.

The engine in the 93-94 Cherokee is great, 4.0L I6. The only thing that is an issue is the cracking exhaust manifolds. They are long cast pieces, not two sections like the BMW and they crack. It appears that there will be a class action suit against DaimlerChrysler on that issue. The transmissions are fairly long lived, in fact some were made by Toyota.

Fuel economy isn't great on the Jeeps, a well maintained, stock BMW would give better fuel economy.

HTH.

Craig
05-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Much like BMWs, Grand Cherokees can be good or bad. They can really sink you though if you get a bad one. I would put them at about the same level of reliability as a BMW, or perhaps a bit less reliable.

If you really want something reliable, get a Toyota 4Runner.