PDA

View Full Version : New Yorkers: upcoming BMW concours/car show

AllanS
05-25-2004, 06:23 PM
Just a heads up on an upcoming event in NY- June 12th at Keeler BMW in Latham (5 min. North of Albany) is the annual Concours/car show hosted by Patroon chapter and Keeler BMW. More information on the event, times, etc. can be found here:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/patroonbmw/images/VP%20Corner%20-%20March%202004%20(Concours%20Info).htm

Basically, the theme for this year is 91' BMWs. They're trying to recreate a 91' era show room, and so far they've got an 850, a 735i, a 535i (me), as well as others. Keeler is clearing out their entire floor to make room for all of this, too. I'm not sure what cars they do have exactly, but Andy Mair, the coordinator, told me that there are no M cars registered yet, so that narrows it down a bit.

Besides the 91' showcase, all BMWs are, of course, invited. Plus, there's a tour of a nearby auto museum, a tech session from Keeler showing off the 645i, and the typical concours judging/viewing stuff.

That's basically it- I'm not associated with the Patroon chapter other than being a member, so I'm not evangelizing in any way, but I think it sounds pretty nice. There are people coming from all over, not just New York (one guy is coming from Canada I believe), and some rare BMWs have come in the past, so it should be good. I had no idea that it even existed until Andy, head of the event and VP of Patroon chapter, called me up and asked about my 535i. Obviously advertising could be better, to say the least, but it doesn't take away from the quality of the event.

Anyhow, I'm done- for more info, check out that link, or if you have questions, email Andy directly at andymair@aol.com.

Thanks!
Allan

bahnstormer
05-25-2004, 10:55 PM
i have a 91 !!!!!

AllanS
05-26-2004, 07:34 AM
Come on up then, chief!